52 ignition key

This is the key that was in my original ignition switch in my 1952 Dodge B-3-B when I bought the truck.

It is a Brass HURD Key that fits both my ignition and passenger side door lock.

I did a little research and the HURD keys for the late 1940"s to the 1950's in Dodge and Plymouth vehicles look exactly like mine.  HURD is also considered a vintage automotive Key; So I suspect this is the original key for my truck based upon the photos I just looked at.

PS:  The key metal had a lot of corrosion and was very dark so I got my can of BRASO and shined it up for the photos.

post-7088-0-66765300-1469923297_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phil363
  • Like 1

My trucks use Hurd keys as shown above.

my apologies, the link I was thinking of is actually kinda buried (note to self:  try not to post to a forum while listening to live country music from the back of a dance hall)...

1948 Dodge Truck ignition key

here is a side by side comparison:  '48 Hurd, '49 National (probably a copy of the original), '51 Hurd

large.sm100_1060.jpg.ffa7e58fd39192231847944b50a54b97.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
revised picture
  • Like 2