Just got a heck of deal on Ebay.

casper50

Just bought the rear window and rear two side windows for a 46-48 Mopar coupe for $20.  I haven't seen another coupe rear window for sale in 2 years of looking. New sedan rear windows are $360 and they don't make the coupe version for some reason.  I bought it as a spare since mine is good. Couldn't pass it up even though the shipping + insurance to Alaska is $70.  Still a bargin.  I don't need the rear side windows so I told the seller to keep them and resale if he wants.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1946-Dodge-Club-Coupe-Curved-Back-Rear-Side-Window-Glass-Set-3-Pieces-/112065612064?ul_noapp=true&nma=true&si=fKITZ199viwYRJBo3%252FBcjRlcZEI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Congratulations on a great deal.

Some Great and some Good deals can be had on E-bay from time to time ... I got my Dodge B-series hood ornament for $29 .... many were there but most want over a $100 for them.

• Like 1

Hi 'Casper',

The '46-'48 D-24 Dodge Deluxe Business Coupes and Custom Club Coupes have different rear curved glass windows!

Walt 

Casper,

It's still a very good deal for a curved glass piece.

Walt

You sure have better luck than me. I once bought a 47 coupe with the front of the frame cut off for a failed frame clip for 200 bucks because I wanted the rear glass as a spare,and I needed the gas tank for my 48 coupe. Someboy,who I am almost positive was the friend of a friend,managed to steal both the back glass and the gastank before I could get around to pulling them.

I am pretty sure it was that guy because my friend brought him up here to buy some spare 38 Ford standard parts I had for sale,and he also had a P-15 coupe. At the time my 38 was parked outside because I had just poured a new cement floor for my shop,and was waiting for it to cure before putting anything in there. I noticed some time after parking the 38 inside the shop that someone had not only stolen the P-15 stuff,but had also stolen ALL the stainless trim from the front of my 38,and had also taken the headlights glasses and the stainless headlight glass covers.

What are the odds of someone else having both a 38 Ford standard and a P-15 at the same time in my local area that needs parts for both that also knows where two were parked outside in a big yard with no neighbors within a mile to see strangers in the yard?

Yeah,I'm still pretty hot about that one.

I now have one less friend because I told him I thought his buddy,the power company executive with big bucks,had stolen the parts. He got mad,said the other guy would never steal anything,and quit talking to me.

Dang I was told by someone, not the sellar, that they were the same.  Should have checked the parts manual.  I'll end up selling it on then.

I believe that rear windows from 1942-1948 Chrysler, Dodge, or Desoto business coupes will work for your car.  Still super hard to find, but slightly easier than focusing on Dodge.  You're lucky yours is good.

According to Hollander classic part interchange of a 1957 manual -

Chrysler 46-early 49 3cpe.,

De Soto same

Dodge same

Used # bb-25, 1957 price was $21.45

Club coupes, Chrysler, De Soto, Dodge same year range as above,  Plymouth 42-early 49 same #bb-24 Price $18.18 -smaller equals cheaper or more produced = cheaper??  -- BUT-

There was a second # used for Club coupes same years as above but does not list Plymouth at all, as a #2856s- priced $12.26 --Differences ?? Not noted- Tinted??

Still worth buying at that price even with shipping. Check size when received- usable? If not resale when $$ needed to work on yours! You will already have the shipping box and packing!  ;)  Suggest a price $250-$350 plus shipping-going rate on Ebay  it seems. As already noted rear glass can be almost impossible to find anywhere. Try finding a rear glass for a 49 Ply. bus.cpe. No re pops either that I could locate for a buddy after about 2 years of looking. He recently sold the car, so nothing for me to watch for. :D:(

Best,

DJ