34 Plymouth front hub/brake drum interchange ?

Rob

I need a new hub for my 34 Plymouth PE the bolt holes are bad. Dose anyone know what mite 

interchange or ho can repair the threads for the wheel bolts. my drum is in very good shape

Thanks Rob

Thanks, i thought about helicoil but very sceptical about doing that because of running the bolts in and out often. trying to stay stock.

if all fails i think the studs are best.

Thanks Rob

Have a good day !

If you don't want to use Helicoil you can install Key Locking inserts, they are readily available at part stores or online at places like McMaster-Carr.

a properly installed helicoil is not a problem ..I have seen helicoils inserts undergo a power driven thread chaser with no destruct at all....this display even amazed me...

but for the trouble to go this route compare with that of drilling and pressing studs...I think I would go with a set of stud and make them all right hand 1/2-20   with the caps on a stock car there is no way anyone will know the difference...

but as always, you must be comfortable, so what ever fix seems best...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Have studs installed as PA suggests.  It is a permanent and bulletproof fix.

I used wheel stud #98184.1-, 1/2"-20[ Advance Auto Parts], drilled out old threads-pressed in the studs-a little tack weld for insurance- works fine -Good Luck 

• Like 1