Need a heat riser thermostatic coil spring for my '50 Coronet

ColonelDan
Go to solution Solved by DJ194950,

I need a heat riser thermostatic coil spring for my recently acquired 1950 Dodge Coronet.  The valve seems to move very well but the spring is just flopping on the shaft.  Can anyone recommend where I might obtain a new spring?

• Solution

Check with-oldmoparts.com as seen on the reference section line at the top of the forums list above-under links.

$22 approx. from them maybe others listed in this section. They do show it in their online catalog.

Best,

DJ

• Like 1

Then-N-Now Automotive, also known as Antique Auto Parts Cellar is my "go to" place for the thermostatic spring. Its my understanding that they are the ones that get them made and supply the other old Mopar parts vendors.

• Like 2

Thanks guys.  I found the spring at oldmoparts.com but couldn't at then-n-now automotive.  I did leave them a message and anticipate a replay which may indicate they have what I need even though I couldn't find it on their site.  Thanks again for your assistance.

Dan

Just bear in mind that some sourcing this part have received a spring that either was wound the wrong way, or not made of the correct material to result in proper operation. I believe the vendor addressed the problem to satisfaction. Not pointing, not naming names. Right the first time is always better :)   Search this site, or someone may chime in with their story.