Decided to post some pictures of my '48!

Good afternoon all, I have had my truck for about a year and a half and have decided to post some pictures! Started out as a barn find farm truck from Kansas that was brought to Ohio a few years back. That owner did nothing with it until I purchased it as it was when it came from Kansas. Did all of the usual work such as brake overhaul, cooling system, fuel system ETC to get her going. Been driving it consistently for about a year, and it runs and drives great! It's a 1948 B1C, 4 speed. As original as it can get. I love the original patina and it gets looks everywhere it goes. I am pretty much done with the big work, now just fine tuning some stuff. I know my user name says '49, but it was until after I discovered it was actually a '48! Feel free to ask questions and enjoy!

post-8010-0-25198300-1468791710_thumb.jpeg

post-8010-0-15757500-1468791749_thumb.jpeg

post-8010-0-76156400-1468791778_thumb.jpeg

post-8010-0-49072300-1468791797_thumb.jpeg

• Like 11

Nice looking Truck! Welcome  Aboard .

I'd be interested as well. Back in the 1960's when I had my '51 B1B, it also had a side mounted spare tire holder.  It was on the passenger side though, which actually came in handy one time on the side of a narrow road.  My current truck has the spare tire holder for under the bed. 

Paul

I've got the exact same rig, though my spare's on the passenger side and she'd been converted to 12v (which I like). This was a farm truck in Oregon, and her needs were much the same as yours (also needed new bed wood). Bought a heavy-duty spinner knob which I make good use of. I've been driving her about a year and she's doing fine, can handle highways (though not freeways) atabout 50 mph.

• Like 1

Hmmm that wine barrel....what a great place to hide a modern gas tank..... ^_^  

I collect spare tire mounts.....why? I don't know....just do. Have yet to put one on my truck. :lol:

48D

• 9 months later...

"Grain gate" . Grain storages / elevators had full cradle lifts that raised the wagons by the front wheels and later the trucks so the grain flowed out, fast and easy, no scouping. Thus the owner added gates of different designs.