IVR for a ford work for Plymouth gauges?

Powerhouse

A really simple voltage limiter which works on the gas gauge is  a small marker light bulb  get one with the 2 pigtail socket

and wire it between the ignition switch and the gauge.  I have not tried it with a temp gauge.

Anyone know if an IVR for fords would work for dropping 12 to 6 volts for gas and heat gauge in a 55 dodge? Like this http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=281469368054&fromWatch=true

That's what I've been running mine on for several years without any problems

Get one of these .....  7806 voltage regulator.  One of these will provide a rock steady 6 volts to two gauges.  Been there, done that ...works well!  7805 will provide 5 volts if you need that.  Cost $2/3 bucks ea.

post-2924-0-24916400-1466654012_thumb.jpg

Thanks all. I am in the process of making an electric temp gauge to fit in my 39. I've had enough of the capillary tube types busting and replacements are way too pricy. I have been able to get a nicer 55 dodge electric gauge cheap enough and replace the face with my 39's. I have trimmed the mounting plate of the gauge to match the 39 as well. The sender is a Napa 6164 which is supposed to be for the 55 dodge. I am running 12volt now so I needed a voltage drop.

Edited by Powerhouse

Can anyone tell me if the 55 sender was different from 56 or later...as in 6v vs 12v? I found that ts528 is 6v and ts527 is 12v. I hope that is correct. I should have just bought the next years setup though. Oh well...

Edited by Powerhouse