Fuzion tires

Plymouthy Adams

Looking buy tires for my coupe..the tire I want is to fill the wheel well and at the same time be blackwall and not break the bank either plus run quiet on the highway...thus the tread design I am looking at.  The Fuzion is a Bridgestone house brand tire and rated for 50K miles in the size I am looking at....question here is, has anyone here used Fuzion tires and can relate their overall complaint or satisfaction commentary...

FACTS:  P225/75R16   is the size I am looking at....16" is the smaller rim I can run with the 12.1" brake rotors..225 width at 75 series will also will emulate the original look and at the same time prevent me from having to reprogram the computer for a different aspect ratio tire...it is these or 17" tires...I have alloy wheels for either size but prefer the 16 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-New-225-75-16-Fuzion-SUV-All-Season-460AB-Tires-2257516-/381569489720?fits=Section+Width%3A225%7CAspect+Ratio%3A75%7CRim+Diameter%3A16&hash=item58d7505b38:g:bmkAAOSwuAVWt2B-&vxp=mtr

comments are requested..thanks...

Go to TIRE RACK.COM   You can have the tire shipped anywhere. At my place of employment we wont use the the tires made in China or Korea. We have a fleet of 2000 motor homes. A few years back a vendor said their tires would do fine. Well you can imagine the fun when tires blow at highway speed and start tearing the units apart. 

Edited by Mike Petersen

Go to TIRE RACK.COM   You can have the tire shipped anywhere. At my place of employment we wont use the the tires made in China or Korea. We have a fleet of 2000 motor homes. A few years back a vendor said their tires would do fine. Well you can imagine the fun when tires blow at highway speed and start tearing the units apart. 

and what does this have to do with my question relating to Fuzion....not trying to be smart or anything but.....I would not go to tire rack..they ship to their installers..not to me personally, I have my own tire mounting and balancing equipment....I see no reason to pay a middle man for work I can easily accomplish...I can spin balance off the car (Coats 1040), spin balance on the car, Hunter setup or I can strobe balance on the car with the Alemite system or I can static balance on other Coats equipment...

I was just curious of the Fuzion tire for a vehicle our weight and suspension height..some tires get a little flexy in the sidewall...

I have fuzions on my daily driver, a 2010 Toyota rav 4. In short they are good cheap tires. They work well in the warmer months and are horrible in the winter. They get rock hard and loose all traction. If your not planning on driving when it's snowing or below 40 they may be an option for you. I recommend seeing if a dealer near you has any on hand and physically look them over before making a decision. I don't see myself purchasing this brand of tires again.

thanks, probably be the way I go. Ttrust me I have read a lot of the reviews...was just curious if any folks here have tried these on these old cars but I guess many are sticking with bias ply or going the WWW route....being Bridgestone tires and as Bridgestone has no less than 19 prefixes for US made tires...figured there may be a couple folks running them here.....I would think that no more than some of these cars are driven they would do well as rated for 50,000 miles.  Comparable tires in that price range are Indonesia, Japan or China made tires....my new van came with Yokohama tires....after 14 months and less than 5500 miles so far I cannot even judge them..

It has been my experience that Tirerack will ship to your home. They have shipped to mine and my son's house in Virginia.

I was reading their home page and came across the note that they ship to an installer near you.....thus my comment...thanks, I think I will call Tire Rack this week for confirmation one way or the other....yours is good news.

It has been my experience that Tirerack will ship to your home. They have shipped to mine and my son's house in Virginia.

Same here.

• Like 1

I almost bought a set of Pirelli tyres from Tire Rack for my Neon mounted and balanced on a new set of rims. I bought a set of Coopers instead from a local guy.  I don't think the 11 months in rural Iowa would have gone well with that set-up.

Looks like the Fuzion tires drew very little comment, maybe they still too new on the market.....so change the question....what tires are you running.   I have not run a 75 series tire on a daily drivers is years other than my full size B250 and they broke the bank years ago as they are Michelins....sidewalls are lighter today and I am leery of buying a tire that will give me too much flex and at the same time I do not want a 6-10 ply truck tire with aggressive noisy tread as on some of the LT tires.  I need a 75 series tires to profile and maintain my ring tone signal for accuracy with the minimum16 inch diameter wheel.  Surely many here are running 75 series tires to maintain their profile and speedometer ratio...thanks

Captain Neon, on 14 Jun 2016 - 08:45 AM, said:

I almost bought a set of Pirelli tyres from Tire Rack for my Neon mounted and balanced on a new set of rims. I bought a set of Coopers instead from a local guy.  I don't think the 11 months in rural Iowa would have gone well with that set-up.

I have run a few sets of the Cooper tires on my LHS platform cars, I do like them, always smooth and quiet.. they were 60 series 16's so sidewall flex is at a minimum just by aspect.  I have looked online at the Discoverer series but not had a chance to see one on a shelf yet.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

• 2 weeks later...

I can't help on Fusion review but I did have a positive experience with Tire Rack. Bought four tires for my daughters car and had them shipped to me on the advice of a local car tire dealer because he couldn't get the tire I wanted. (Continental DWS). I had them installed by installer of my choice. One developed a bubble in the side wall at one year old. Called Tire Rack because they came with a road hazard warranty. They overnighted me a new tire (at my expense) and gave me instructions to have my installer inspect the tire and call them with a case number they provided. He called and verified it was a road hazard claim and they sent me a full refund for the tire, shipping and all very quickly. I would do business with them again when I can't find what I want locally at a reasonable cost.