1940 P-10 business coupe info

El Dra99er

What casper said....also, post some pics of your car. It looks BADA$$!!, but the avatar is too small. My "S's" work, but get deleted on certain adult words, so $$ instead. Welcome from So Cal.

My first suggestion is to spend 15 bucks and buy a new keyboard. Not being a wiseass,but being able to type the letters and numbers you need is a great aide to communication.

Thanks guys, I have a service manual, but finally ordered a parts book. I have had to fab most of my own parts for the inner door workings up till now. I bought some window channels with the "good" wheels ( I had the spoked kind)

The wheels were kinda wonkey and didn't roll up and down as smoothly as I like, in the vertical tracks. I couldn't find any business coupe channels, so I had to cut up a few pair to make them work and finding the front small spring has been a chore.... Ill wait till the book gets here so I have some part numbers to give.... Using my other computer now, so I can type T's and 's- its liberating, but thank you for the suggestions. Haha.

:D

heres a link with pics of my car and the back story..

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/1409-1940-plymouth-p-10-business-coupe-rock/

Edited by El Dra99er

I'm sort of in the same boat. I need the passenger glass channel for my '38 Coupe. The rollers with the spring lost there tension and doesn't roll up properly. I'll mess with sooner or later.

Your '40 is a beauty....1 of my favorite body styles. NICE WORK!!!

Edited by deathbound

Now that is NICE!..Thanks for the link to the article,Rich and welcome to the forum.

Thank you,

my vertical channels are fine, its the channels that hold the glass that I need, and the vertical track felts..division bars too.  ;) My windows work ok, but want them to work like new.

Edited by El Dra99er

I'm sort of in the same boat. I need the passenger glass channel for my '38 Coupe. The rollers with the spring lost there tension and doesn't roll up properly. I'll mess with sooner or later.

Your '40 is a beauty....1 of my favorite body styles. NICE WORK!!!

Thank you! Ill keep an eye out.

Awesome car! Saw a feature on it in Traditional rod & kulture magazine. If I remember right I think it was on the cover

yeah, it was. Thank you!

Now that is NICE!..Thanks for the link to the article,Rich and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for having me. I signed up here a few years ago, just don't forum post a whole lot.

Hi, I am looking for par numbers for he inner hardware for m business coupe. Window channels, fron and rear racks, wheels.

Pardon he spelling, he "WHI" an "7ee" on m keyboard are useless. :)

hank ou,

Rich

Per my Plymouth 1936-1942 Master Parts List for 1940 P10 Coupe:

Part Type Code 23-09-1 (pages 358-360)

RH lower glass channel #850253 (vent type) illustration shows with rollers

LH lower glass channel #850254 (vent type) illustration shows with rollers

RH front channel #849459

LH front channel #849460

RH rear channel #849563

LH rear channel #849564

Per my Plymouth 1936-1942 Master Parts List for 1940 P10 Coupe:

Part Type Code 23-09-1 (pages 358-360)