New arrival to the Drown family. Chris Bamford, Please check out

1940plymouth

Saturday night around 8:40 PM,  Hazel Grace Drown was born to my son Shane and his girlfreind Jessica,  Hazel weghed in at a wopping 5 pounds and 3 ounces and is 20 inches long,  Both Mother and daughter are doing fine.

A number of years ago, Chris Bamford gave me a copy of this first photo,  It is of him, with his Mother holding him and his sister standing by the door, I have always liked that photo and today I got a chance to somewhat recreate it.

Chris I hope you don't mind and thanks agian

post-668-0-27925100-1465326133_thumb.jpg

post-668-0-99810500-1465326179_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Great picture, congratulations.

Question to anyone - what is that on the drivers windshield on the first picture? Some sort of defroster? New to me!

Thanks for posting, Bob. Very nice!

Austin, that thing in front of the driver is a "Frost Shield", basically a thin clear plastic sheet stuck to, and held slightly away from, the windshield with a thick, double-sided tape. It forms a rudimentary double-glazing that reduces frost and ice buildup on the windshield in cold temperatures. There were very common here in Canada up to the 1970s, but fell out of favour with the advent of better automotive HVAC systems.

I run frost shields on the front doors and rear windows of the '47 D25 sedan which is my winter daily driver. The cold weather photo below was taken in Canada's Yukon Territory at about -33°C/-27°F. Despite the distorted view, frost shield are a huge help in those sort of temperatures.

post-1019-0-27701800-1465672318_thumb.jpg

post-1019-0-84253800-1465672324_thumb.jpg

• Like 1