Newbie with lots of questions.

You may want to look at the larger trucks for front sheet metal> I believe they're a couple inches longer than the pickup models and will have flares on the fenders that would help with the wider track width you'll end up with on the full size chassis. Big block or diesel, any brand, extended cab or standard with full 8 foot box should work nicely or even a route truck van if all you want is the chassis.

Mark's TODD project has some similar aspects to it that you may want to check out.

Yah "ruff1148r"......what I remember, the front end sheet metal, its all bolted together on the inside.

It looks vintage correct (like the butterfly hood), but it all tilts forward, hinged behind the front bumper.....  

Wonder if Mark saved that pic too.  ^_^

48D

Yah "ruff1148r"......what I remember, the front end sheet metal, its all bolted together on the inside.

It looks vintage correct (like the butterfly hood), but it all tilts forward, hinged behind the front bumper.....  

Wonder if Mark saved that pic too.  ^_^

48D

of course I did!  I even talked to the guy a few years back.  Still planning on visiting the truck (if it's still around).