brake drum puller worth?

Chazz 47
Go to solution Solved by Don Coatney,

• Solution

Thanks for the information. I'm just starting on a p15 so I'm still trying to gather information on them.

The seller was asking $120 for the puller.

Open the resources link at the top of this page and read everything found it there. Search the internet for a P-15 service manual and buy one.

Thanks for the information. I'm just starting on a p15 so I'm still trying to gather information on them.

The seller was asking $120 for the puller.

You don't need it so why not post it in the ebay links section. Someone else might. Depending on the brand and maybe a little negotiation that could be buy for someone. 

Point to note that If you have a Chrysler or Desoto the 5 lug puller needs the 6th hole so that the mounting peg can com ethrough the 6th hole. Because Chrysler/Desoto used lug bolts and not lug nuts.  On ply/Dod they used lug nuts with the thread studs so no need for the 6th hole.

I have a 6 hole wheel puller and this is what I use because it applies equal pressure on the entire drum and not just at 3 points like the 3 legged puller.  Is the wheel puller a factory miller tool or after market.  $120 is nota bad price if that has the screw and arm. 

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939

post-1292-0-23770600-1463015389_thumb.jpg

Point to note that If you have a Chrysler or Desoto the 5 lug puller needs the 6th hole so that the mounting peg can com ethrough the 6th hole. Because Chrysler/Desoto used lug bolts and not lug nuts.  On ply/Dod they used lug nuts with the thread studs so no need for the 6th hole.

I have a 6 hole wheel puller and this is what I use because it applies equal pressure on the entire drum and not just at 3 points like the 3 legged puller.  Is the wheel puller a factory miller tool or after market.  $120 is nota bad price if that has the screw and arm. 

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939

All our plymouths use lug bolts. I think the studs were a dodge car thing. My dodge pickup uses bolts. 

• Like 1

What about the front drums. My car already had a rear end swap before I got it. It now has a rear out of an 80's volare.

Ok,so you get to miss out on needing a brake drum puller,and you also get to miss out on all the alleged fun of trying to pull original brake drums. That's something everybody should have to do once,just so you know people ain't lying to you about it.

BTW,pre-48 Ford and my 1939 IHC half-ton pu  have the same tapered axles with a keyway in them. There are bound to be others,but I don't know of them.

Volvo, Sunbeam, Jaguar, Jensen to name a few others and to let you know it is not just a US thing

The early 80s CJ7 Dad had a few years ago had them. 

Volvo, Sunbeam, Jaguar, Jensen to name a few others and to let you know it is not just a US thing

I vaguely recall the '57 VW Beetle I once had required the same or similar puller (which I did not have at the time and was too poor to buy).

I'm not sure where to post it because it was on the southeast mo craigslist.

there is a section ---forum--   for such. A part of this website.  That is where Ed suggested to post

http://p15-d24.com/forum/26-ebay-craigslist-and-external-site-referrals/

they I think were multi splined axle hubs...and yes they did need a high torque on the nut...I do not recall them hard to remove as the half shaft was able to be knocked with a weighted blow with the nut on the axle threads...but like you...been many years since I took one off..but just last year found the mans noise in his beetle due to finger tight nuts.

I think I posted it to the site referral.

You have provided no link to the site, or the item.

When posting you can first click on "preview post" to see what others will see before you click on  "add reply".   This is also a good thing to do when you are adding photos. Allows you to see what is there, and if it is too large, or too small.     ie  900kb   pic     9kb pic

You get the "preview post" by clicking on the "more reply options" block.