Sorry to Hear Don Coatney isnt well.

oldasdirt

Sorry to see the recent ad on the forum's classified by Don Coatney  -

"Due to medical complications I have elected to sell my 1948 Plymouth"

Hope things turn around for you Don,

• Like 1

Glad you brought it up oldasdirt, I saw the same and truly am a little bummed..... Having Never met Don, I imagine it was a difficult election to make.

Get well Don.

That ad has left me a little hallow this morning. I too hope things are controllable. His advice to me has always been trustworthy. Praying for you Don.

• Like 2

That ad has left me a little hallow this morning. I too hope things are controllable. His advice to me has always been trustworthy. Praying for you Don.

Me,too. It has to be serious or he would never sell his car.

This sucks beyond all belief. Don,I sincerely hope you get better and can keep your car and enjoy driving it.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your illness Don. I do hope you can weather this. Your posts have been humorous and thought provoking (as wel as just plain provoking sometimes) but it is always a shame when you have to let go of something you really care about due to problems in life. I truly hope you kick this thing.

Best wishes,

Joe

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. No fun getting old. Arthritis has rendered my left hand useless and two surgeries have done no good and diabetes is eating away at my feet. I can no longer do much wrenching. My car is in the middle of the wiring job but physical limitations prevent me from completing the job I started. I hope to sell my Plymouth and find another old car that is not in need of a lot of work.

• Like 1

Hey, guys! Let's have a wiring party!  No, too many people crowded under the dashboard.  Maybe a wiring tag team. 

But I have the feeling that Don needs a car with auto transmission,  No clutching.  So, maybe it's best to sell this car and get a more knee and foot friendly model. 

Our best wishes and prayers for you.

• Like 2

Don...

You must get well soon .... all and I mean all of us need your comments and advice everyday!

After all these posts I'm sure you see that.

Wishing the best to you.

Bob

• Like 1

Don and I talk often on the phone, sad to hear the news also.  If I were closer I would finish his wiring.  As we all get older and as we well know aging brings on certain ailments we are all going to be in this position one day.  For those of you that wish to enjoy your car into old age...suggest you place a bit of emphasis on what your needs for driving may be some day and work today toward that end goal...many here will not alter a car in any manner as they believe they have a museum piece in their possession, now may be the time to find a retirement home for that car also....just a mention in passing as to the rewards that old age and retirement does not mention in the brochure.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 4

Praying for you Don, I have learned a lot from this forum, and you have been a large part of it. 

Gosh maybe your Plymouth could be converted to a Torqueflight trans and power steering and brakes can be installed.

• Like 1

Well arthritis and a pinched nerve in my neck have rendered my right hand virtually with out any strength, making it difficult to even so much as get my gas cap off on the daily driver.  Bum knees have rendered almost all under car work a hire out proposition.  So I do know of what he speaks.  Sad to see both cars and drivers beginning to be garage bound.  

How about a 54 Chrashler with hemi and automatic?   

• Like 4