Clutch on a Fluid Dirve car - eBay seller

James_Douglas

Hi All,

My 85 year old clutch guy a few years back retired.  I tried a new guy that does race clutch's.  When I went to put in the fork rod into the '49 it was too short even with the adjuster all the way out.  We lengthened it. It works, but the clutch chatters a bit and just does not feel correct like on my '47.

Since the engine on the '49 is coming out in the next couple of weeks, I am thinking of swapping the clutch housing and disc.

There is a guy on ebay called Mopar-Direct.  He sells a set ebay Number # 182098361082

That sells a set for $375.

Has anyone purchased and used one of his clutch sets?

James

I bought some brake parts from them on Ebay and at the same time bought some other parts from A.B's .The result was I paid the freight charge to the UK twice when I didn't need to!

I bought some brake parts from them on Ebay and at the same time bought some other parts from A.B's .The result was I paid the freight charge to the UK twice when I didn't need to!

Same top guy, but 2 different businesses, so they are likely not linked together to see you as one customer. If it were a "one man operation" that may have been seen, and possible adjustments/credits made. Unfortunate on the shipping charges, but at least you now know for future reference.