Spring Fever In The North

55 Fargo

Fred, here in sunny southern Alberta, most of our trees are out and all will be by the end of April as warm weather is still predicted. I have never seen trees out this early in this part of the world. They are literally a month ahead of time at least. I have been driving the old cars all winter basically and certainly lots since early March. It's weird but I'm loving it!

• Like 1

Nice, Thanks for the Ride .

Lockport and Selkirk are also communities in New York State (several hundred miles apart).   Got me all confused....

Lockport Manitoba, sets the the water depths for the red river flowing into Lake Winnipeg, which is the 10th largest freshwater lake in the world, about the size of Erie.

The small city of Selkirk Mb, about 18 miles north of the city of Winnipeg, settled by the Lord Selkirk Settlers.

Lower Fort Garry is in between Lockport and Selkirk, a fort and early fur trade post built in 1830s

post-107-0-41906500-1462139411_thumb.jpg

post-107-0-21984100-1462139414_thumb.jpg

post-107-0-35238400-1462139645_thumb.jpg

post-107-0-14624900-1462140031_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fargos-Go-Far

Heat wave in northern Maine, too.  Got up to 63 Sunday!  Still not enough to polish off the snow drifts in the woods and shadows, tho, and it hasn't rained enough to wash the salt off the roads (it froze right after that last rain, and they salted the roads again, hasn't rained since, but its supposed to this week.  Been prepping the ol' D24, but haven't ventured out of the yard yet.  Getting antsy. 

Heat wave in northern Maine, too.  Got up to 63 Sunday!  Still not enough to polish off the snow drifts in the woods and shadows, tho, and it hasn't rained enough to wash the salt off the roads (it froze right after that last rain, and they salted the roads again, hasn't rained since, but its supposed to this week.  Been prepping the ol' D24, but haven't ventured out of the yard yet.  Getting antsy. 

Should thaw out up there 'round late august.  Just in time to join a few of us in Belfast for the WPC gathering. Hope all is well. - Mark

Walter P. Chrysler Club 47th Annual Meet Septmber 14-17, 2016 Belfast, Maine.

The misspelled "Septmber" was the title head of the registration form on the net. That date causes me to think of a September trip to see our son and his family. Fall colors should be starting but not the full effect subject to weather.

Air fares could be down by then as well. 

Have had 87 and 91 here in the seattle area the last month. new records set.

Have had 87 and 91 here in the seattle area the last month. new records set.

It just feels wrong, doesn't it?

Capitol region of New York had many record warm temps Jan., Feb., & March. Had 2nd least snowiest winter in recorded weather. Had no snow in March. Had most snow in one snowfall 1st week of April. Had one Sat. in march very close to record cold (- 19). April had  below normal temps & May hasn't been up to normal yet. However, I'll take a winter like this every year. Didn't help my hardware store bottom line. I'll still take it. If they didn't salt the hell out of the roads, could have driven car most of the winter.