'49 Dodge Coronet build - phase 1 complete

49DODGEBOY

Well  it has taken me 8 years to get to this point but my '49 is finally to a point I can now enjoy it.  Just thought I would share the start to finish.

Found her up in Mt Shasta back in 08, paid $1200 for her, 3rd owner. Want to thank everyone here that I have bugged thru the years for info.

post-336-0-09515500-1460558064_thumb.jpg

post-336-0-16481600-1460558181_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats on getting the car back on the road and in the wind, Now is the time to drive it and enjoy all your hard work.

• Like 1

looks like all you did was take it off the trailer and put whitewalls on it ....lol     I do kid of course...congrats

And paint the wheels red. I can't believe you missed that!

• Like 1

Looking good. Can you tell some details about what you did? It looks like you added some custom touches.

-Chris

well, I am a fan of keeping things simple but I like the look of the "traditional" style of Customs:  and most important: I have no extra $   :) 2 in college

hood is shaved, nosed, peaked and louvered, '54 Plymouth head light eye brows, all the chrome stuff for trunk, brake lights, fender lights have been removed and I added 47 Chev glass lens tail lights. they do brake and tail. (no turns yet). shaved all the acc around the rear license plate, the plate hold down studs are the actual lights (leds)  legal and works great. Removed the stone guards on rear fenders, I lowered the front bumper 1/2" so it sits pretty much right on top of bumper fill sheet metal ( I hated the gap)  I wanted the floating bar look on my grill but did not have the heart to pop all the spot welds to remove the "basket"  so I just blacked them out :).   Also shaved off gas filler tube.  interior has carpet, custom door panels with Pontiac "stars" as an added look, seats are covered with period seat covers I found on EBAY (some say hideous - I luv em!)  under hood is all original, down to the single 1 bbl.  I just rebuilt everything possible.  Biggest change is the T5 5-speed behind the 6.  A must here in Cali   everything was done by me.

Edited by 49DODGEBOY
  • Like 2

I agree Don, was really the first mod I made. Even got my wife involved, she sewed me up a nice green vinyl boot for it. I did the 1" spacer to to cut the throw.  Had to with my tall shifter. Don't have a photo with it on here at work thou

post-336-0-58969900-1460582273_thumb.jpg