Another intro & early Plymouth build

Abe Lugo

Hi,

My Name is Abe, I found this forum though searching for info on early Plymouths also through the other forums.

I know my project doesn't fall under the late 38's P series, but there is a lot of great info here that applies to Tube axle Plymouths.

Here is the car Im working on, it really for my wife. My first full 30's build. Im learning a lot already.

Please keep posting all the great info here it helps everyone.

BTW, Im a Matchbox designer, I make little metal cars.

I may get a Plymouth or Dodge in my line next year, we'll see.

Here is the project car 1933 Plymouth PC Sedan. Ad said "needs work" I finally found some time to do so..

post-8037-0-00917300-1460514623_thumb.jpg

here is one of last Hot Wheels cars and a car I would drive any day of the week, anywhere.

post-8037-0-14201500-1460514526_thumb.jpg

post-8037-0-75945300-1460514529_thumb.jpg

Edited by Abe Lugo

Hi,

My Name is Abe, I found this forum though searching for info on early Plymouths also through the other forums.

I know my project doesn't fall under the late 38's P series, but there is a lot of great info here that applies to Tube axle Plymouths.

Here is the car Im working on, it really for my wife. My first full 30's build. Im learning a lot already.

Please keep posting all the great info here it helps everyone.

BTW, Im a Matchbox designer, I make little metal cars.

I may get a Plymouth or Dodge in my line next year, we'll see.

Here is the project car 1933 Plymouth PC Sedan. Ad said "needs work" I finally found some time to do so..

attachicon.gifNov 2014.jpg

here is one of last Hot Wheels cars and a car I would drive any day of the week, anywhere.

attachicon.gifIMG_5174.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5188.JPG

You did good. You might not realize this yet if you are new to 30's cars,but there ain't no such thing as a 1933 anything that isn't beautiful. I have a 33 Dodge 4 dr sedan,and one of the regular posters here has a 33 Plymouth sedan like yours that is restored that he drives everywhere.

BTW,welcome to the world of "needs work". We have all been there. Some of us seem to live there.

• Like 2

Welcome to the Forum Abe,  Your project looks like it will keep you busy for many hours. The Dodge/Mopar show and swapmeet is later this month.  The Spring Fling @ Woodley Park in the San Fernando Valley is a great place to look for parts, They are few and far between. There are a few of us Car Nuts here in Los Angeles, So if you need a hand or  body  for dead weight, just give a yell.

Rod

Welcome.  I recall having a 58 Plymouth Matchbox or similar toy back in 1958.

I have a matchbox size toy which looks like a 35 Plymouth.  Dinky Toys also had 57-8 Plymouth taxis

and sedans.

Thanks for the welcome. I forgot to mention my wife has a '59 Dodge Coronet that needs some loving too. I might do the regular maintenance to keep it going, it a driver not sure if we will take it to Woodley show just yet. She wants me to focus on the Plymouth.

There's another  member with an unrestored 1933 PD sedan here too. It's me!  It's just like my first car I owned in 1966 in High School. Welcome to the forum.

attachicon.gif33 Plymouth 1.jpg

YIKES! That thing is unrestored? How did you manage to find an original 33 that nice?

In a word....Craigslist !!!

I had been kicking myself for ~47 years for selling my first '33 with dual side mounts that I had in High School. It was my first car.

post-32-0-14461600-1460729611_thumb.jpg

This one had been owned by the same man In Tacoma WA since 1958. Here's one of the photos that was included in the Craigslist ad.

post-32-0-90813600-1460730384_thumb.jpg

He did have the car re-wired fairly recently and he repainted it in '58 when He purchased it. The tires had been on the car since '58 too and the white walls were painted on so I guess it's not really original.

• Like 1