Brake shoe anchor pin CAM?

Go to solution Solved by Sharps40,

Thanks for share.In plate 5-3(page 5-4),front wheel,my doubt is which excentric(cam) pin that we can adjust the heel?Is it the bolt(5-19-4)?When we dismounted the brake in 2012 we did not can see the pin cam.

post-227-0-81809900-1460223187_thumb.jpg

post-227-0-12022700-1460220782_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Are you looking for something other than this? http://dodgepilothouseclub.org/know/ph_parts/b_5.pdf

Hi BrentB3B.Mine pilothouse is a B3B.I ask to you which excentric screw I can move back and forth under the shoe(heel).Thanks for your help.

The pins that have the arrows are the eccentrics that move the heel of the shoe. the upper half moon shaped item control the toe movement on the upper end of the brake shoe.

It does not matter if you have a double wheel cylinder the eccentrics act the same way.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com.

post-227-0-74540500-1466073787_thumb.jpg

This is the original(broken) brake shoe anchor pin cam of my WWII Jeep 1942.I think in my Dodge it is without it,only has the heel(pin with arrow).The last time(2012) I dismounted,noticed that it was not with eccentric movement.

If I understand, you think the dodge pins have the excentric broken off like the pin in the photo above?

I think all the dodge excentric pins are alike, a single piece of metal no excentric to break off.

Like the photos of the 37 Dodge backing plates with pins below.

Dc1j9am.jpg

5ntx1Iw.jpg

If I understand, you think the dodge pins have the excentric broken off like the pin in the photo above?

I think all the dodge excentric pins are alike, a single piece of metal no excentric to break off.

Like the photos of the 37 Dodge backing plates with pins below.

Dc1j9am.jpg

5ntx1Iw.jpg

Thanks for your help Sharps40.In post #5 desoto1939 said the pins with arrows are the eccentric that move the heel of the shoe.I still think the Dodge pins are not with eccentric.They do not can move the heel of the shoe,because there is no anything cam to do the movement of the shoe.In my WWII 1942 jeep I shown the cam that is responsable for the movement of the heel of its shoe(it is broken).Did you understand?

Yes. I understand.  Both willies dodge/mopar use eccentrics on the lower part of the shoes..... The bolts shown are eccentric.  These are Lockheed brakes as used on nearly all the mopars and for all, the lower anchor bolts are cam ground.  They move the lower part of the shoes in/out/up/down when rotated. 

If you look very closely you can see the bolt shank is offset in the brake mounting cam.  The difference from photo of the willies part, the cam is part of the bolt, not a separate piece. 

The upper cams on the backing plates take care of similar movements for the top portions of the shoes.

Edited by Sharps40

Yes. I understand.  Both willies dodge/mopar use eccentrics on the lower part of the shoes..... The bolts shown are eccentric.  These are Lockheed brakes as used on nearly all the mopars and for all, the lower anchor bolts are cam ground.  They move the lower part of the shoes in/out/up/down when rotated. 

If you look very closely you can see the bolt shank is offset in the brake mounting cam.  The difference from photo of the willies part, the cam is part of the bolt, not a separate piece. 

The upper cams on the backing plates take care of similar movements for the top portions of the shoes.

I do not see in your pic the eccentricity of the anchor

bolt cam.