1948 Canadian P15 SD project Pictures

mikeww1962

A while back I created a running photo diary of my Plymouth P15 project so that I could share with anyone interested. Pictures organized by year....... This is my first project car and I am being schooled by an older Ford rebuilder of show cars...laborious but I love learning the skills!

Comments welcome.

https://mikeww.smugmug.com/1948-plymouth-Project

Cheers, Mike.

• Like 2

Wow, just wow!  I like to see this kind of photo documentation.  To take a car apart like that, restore and fix everything and put it back together is amazing to me.  Thanks for sharing, its looking great!

Wow, looks like you have it all under control. Is that color Cruiser Maroon? You're doing a terrific job. Is your engine a 23 inch or a 25 inch?

The colour is as close to Cruiser maroon as I could come up with....hard getting a perfect sample and all of the tints are different these days...I'm happy with what we created..Cruiser Maroon was the original car colour...the engine is the original 23 inch Canadian block - it had been bored 30 over, and had a 230 crank in it. It was running, but I wanted to learn about engines so...well you can see.....I had it bored to the standard Chrysler bore which made parts really easy and I guess now it is a 230. Most people wanted to hot rod it....but it is really tough to see original equipment and I think it is a bit more fun so I held fast on my vision....the old school people think it is neat so far!

• Like 2