P-15 two door window installation help wanted..

dale

Can someone me with the installation procedure for the door windows. My shop manual is vague. The springs must have to be loaded when the window is down.. Im confused . THX

My car is a convertible with the windows inclosed with metal trim. Found some post doing a search and concluded its a S.O.B.

OK..So Ive gotten the windows working nicely..Here is the way I did the door windows on my 1946 Ply convert. After removing the trim and door cover I rolled the window down to the bottom stop and then removed the vent window and frame which was quite easy. Then removed the snap pins and washers holding the arms on the mechanism from the bottom window frame with the slides. The window comes out easily then. Re=installing the window I dropped it down and then slid the vent window and frame down making sure the guide wheels are correctly in the window guides fore and aft. Using a small "C' clamp I managed to get the washers and snap pins back on the arms and window slides.. Kinda tough to get the snaps to snap over the shafts ..There is a 9/16 nut holding the mechanism that is holding on a vertical slot for adjusting along with a rectangle phillips bolt pattern also for adjustment. What had me confused is that the coil spring with the mechanism tightens when you roll the window UP not down like you would think. Guess the window need help coming down rather that up like I thought. With the window out you can see it tighten as you crank the handle up. Lubricated the crank gear and all friction points and thats about it. .

Edited by dale