Yesterdays Engine Compression Loss Thread?

55 Fargo
Go to solution Solved by TodFitch,

Yesterday a Young lad in High School started a thread about his engine, at first it was a request for a replacement engine, which doesn't belong here.

However after my post and as well as some others, it became clear he is having an engine problem, that we may be able to assist this Neophyte  in getting running well again.

What happened to the thread? Is it moved or deleted?

I was hoping we could have helped resolve this New Member resolve the issue with his current engine.

1 other member offered no resolution, only that  the initial theme was one in which belonged in the "Classified" section, which I agree, but it seemed to get right on topic, once we started to assist this lad with the symptoms he is currently having.

Now I have looked for the thread, but could not find it.

It was deleted. . . There were several reports about it and I went to take a look and it was already deleted by the time I got to it. Not sure which other moderator did the deed.

Oh okay, Yes the opening post was a query on buying an engine. The next several posts were a discussion on what is wrong with his engine, possible causes, and possible solutions. Perhaps after that there were off topic posts.

I thought this was going to be a good learning thread for the OP, and it sure looked like his engine had a "head gasket" issue....thanx Tod

i'm sure that the OP's initial statement about "wanting to buy a new engine", which was also the title of the thread, drew the wrath of the net-nanny's (not the moderators, who are doing their job).

a simple solution would have been to change the title of the thread to "engine troubles, why have i lost compression in two cylinders?", since that was the immediate direction the discussion within the thread turned [by those who wanted to help the OP, not berate him for mis-posting].  how nice for the nanny's to discourage someone from this particular forum, and hobby, because of a relatively common mistake [misposting or off-topic-ing].

the downward spiral of civil discussion brought to you by the nanny's who get offended so easily.      glass houses, etc.

• Like 4

i'm sure that the OP's initial statement about "wanting to buy a new engine", which was also the title of the thread, drew the wrath of the net-nanny's (not the moderators, who are doing their job).

a simple solution would have been to change the title of the thread to "engine troubles, why have i lost compression in two cylinders?", since that was the immediate direction the discussion within the thread turned [by those who wanted to help the OP, not berate him for mis-posting].  how nice for the nanny's to discourage someone from this particular forum, and hobby, because of a relatively common mistake [misposting or off-topic-ing].

the downward spiral of civil discussion brought to you by the nanny's who get offended so easily.      glass houses, etc.

Yes Wally gotta agree, and I am sure many others would too.

Now I am sure Tod or GGdad1951 were getting PMs from the Nanny's so I can understand it could be annoying and they have better things to worry about.

I really felt this thread was put on a different path, and would have been considered appropriate for the Truck board.

So the Original Poster, please hang in there, start a new thread with your "engine troubles" hopefully we can assist you in getting your engine diagnosed and repaired if possible. Once all avenues are exhausted, and then if necessary, you could put a "want ad" for another engine.....just my insight into this matter

PS a message to all of you or those that felt the need to PM and complain, why don't you next time offer a solution, or add a post expressing your displeasure with the Thread Creator, instead of running and complaining to the Mods.

• Like 3

See that's what I don't get is such a big deal I wasn't asking for people to sell me an engine on the spot I was showing that I'm stressed over it. I'm. 17 years old. Just signed with the airforce I've got a lot going on at the moment and my truck it's been in my family since 1950! The things am idle in my family and it's also my daily driver I drive it almost 200 miles a week my engine gave up on my and I didn't know what to do I live off 120$ a week and I was looking for anyone to throw out a solution so I left a blunt tittle. The thin that grinds my gears is all these older adults and guys who think there just so smart and throwing out a complaint for some kid trying to get his baby back on the road. I don't have the luxury of tons of money in the banks or credit cards or any of that I restored this truck a 100$ at a time and it bothers me extremely when my post gets deleted without even a warning or anyone sayin anything. My post wasn't offending anyone nor was it messing with anyone if it's somethin you don't like I mean no diss respect for all you out there but don't veiw it. I'm tired of coming on this website and getting made to look like a cool cause I don't run the forum the right way.... Aren't you guys supposed to encourage a guy my age? All the majority of you guys do it's act like I'm a fool for not knowing what Is wrong or how to use this forum. You discourage me from wanting to not only be a member but continue my work on my truck. I got the thing when I was in 6th grade was told get her runnin and you can have her....6 years later and every dollar I've ever made I'm stuck once again. I came here for help because I've had 5 mechanics say she's had her day and it's dead and I'm not here to get deleted because of where you think my post should be posted what does it matter? I know I shouldn't be this angry but I find it highly disrespectful to take my stuff down because your not happy with where it is I the website that's like sayin hey give me the keys to your pilothouse I don't like the paint color. Atleast in my book... I came here for help because I thought the forum would have nice fellas wanting to keep kids like me turning wrenches cause let's face it were a dieng breed and I don't appreciate the way I've been treated on this forum.

• Like 1

See that's what I don't get is such a big deal I wasn't asking for people to sell me an engine on the spot I was showing that I'm stressed over it. I'm. 17 years old. Just signed with the airforce I've got a lot going on at the moment and my truck it's been in my family since 1950! The things am idle in my family and it's also my daily driver I drive it almost 200 miles a week my engine gave up on my and I didn't know what to do I live off 120$ a week and I was looking for anyone to throw out a solution so I left a blunt tittle. The thin that grinds my gears is all these older adults and guys who think there just so smart and throwing out a complaint for some kid trying to get his baby back on the road. I don't have the luxury of tons of money in the banks or credit cards or any of that I restored this truck a 100$ at a time and it bothers me extremely when my post gets deleted without even a warning or anyone sayin anything. My post wasn't offending anyone nor was it messing with anyone if it's somethin you don't like I mean no diss respect for all you out there but don't veiw it. I'm tired of coming on this website and getting made to look like a cool cause I don't run the forum the right way.... Aren't you guys supposed to encourage a guy my age? All the majority of you guys do it's act like I'm a fool for not knowing what Is wrong or how to use this forum. You discourage me from wanting to not only be a member but continue my work on my truck. I got the thing when I was in 6th grade was told get her runnin and you can have her....6 years later and every dollar I've ever made I'm stuck once again. I came here for help because I've had 5 mechanics say she's had her day and it's dead and I'm not here to get deleted because of where you think my post should be posted what does it matter? I know I shouldn't be this angry but I find it highly disrespectful to take my stuff down because your not happy with where it is I the website that's like sayin hey give me the keys to your pilothouse I don't like the paint color. Atleast in my book... I came here for help because I thought the forum would have nice fellas wanting to keep kids like me turning wrenches cause let's face it were a dieng breed and I don't appreciate the way I've been treated on this forum.

Yes Lad, you have many valid points, and I will stand up and say, Sorry this happened to you on this forum, although I was in your corner on this one.

Yup, you got a lot of things going on, and of course you want your"baby" back up and running right, hang in there, don't let this chase you off, there are plenty of Great Guys on this Web Forum, who will be more than happy to help you out.

Yes, at 1 time, anything could be posted, all together, then the Website changed, this forum got a lot bigger, and new categories were created, so now if you are just looking for parts for example, we have a section dedicated for that purpose.

Your Thread, was more than that, you have engine problems, and are looking for solutions and alternatives to get this engine running well again, or to find another if necessary.

Now, try and shake this off, most of us want to help, so please start a new thread, and lets get to work on this.

Hey you got lot to do, facing a new Military career, have you been to "Bootcamp" yet?

Shake this one off, chaulk it up to an experience, and do not let these whiners turn you off of this place...........

Edited by Fargos-Go-Far
  • Like 1

The thread 1950dodgefan started could have been re-titled as it was initially a request for parts, but immediately became an engine troubleshooting thread.

The young OP, has expressed his frustration with the deletion of the thread, and understandably so. Now all of you "secret" complainers, why don't you add your post to this Young Lad, and explain why you offered no solution only condemnation.

I don't think any of you with the exception of the above poster will do so, as he has justified his response on the deleted thread.

this post in no way is to criticize the Moderators, as they have to enforce policy, and it no doubt becomes irritating to get Private Message complaints from several members, this I understand.

Edited by Fargos-Go-Far

If you read the post in its entirety prior to being deleted you will have noted that I posted in the thread  a note to the poster it was in the wrong column and subject to being deleted.  So yes...I did let the poster know as a courtesy...I also know he later visited the thread and did not change his wording or create a classified nor did he edit the wording separating the wanted ad from the engine problems.  He started out clearly wanting an engine and the verbiage below was only his narrative for why he wants a new engine, never was a call to assist with diagnosis.

Had he edited the thread at the time a friendly reminder to him was written to inform him as such, then where does the true fault lie?

Instead of fussing over the rules being applied as GTK set them to guide and lead the forum, the man should just simply now address the engine as a plea to help diagnosis his apparent problems with the engine he has.  

• Like 1

I do not understand why people get so upset with a misplaced post that it goes downhill quickly.  I operate under the following premise: "If I don't like it, I ignore it."  Life's way too short to fuss over stupid stuff.

• Like 2

Casper I will try to answer this, classified are designed to run for a set span of time and auto delete...the threads on other forums are there forever and are auto archived and searchable for future use.   This will prevent a wanted or sales ad popping up later in a revived thread.

Casper I will try to answer this, classified are designed to run for a set span of time and auto delete...the threads on other forums are there forever and are auto archived and searchable for future use.   This will prevent a wanted or sales ad popping up later in a revived thread.

Geez Tim, wonder why you don't run for "County Sherriff" as you no doubt want to play the Web Cop role.

I think more members would agree with Caspers post and Wallys post than your Whistle Blower tactics, guess we know who to ad to the PM complainant list....Geesh the Kid is trying to sort out his engine trouble, and you want to Indict him 

Casper  you have been a member some 2 years...this rule was effected prior to your membership where ads were still current and active and many as much as 5 years old and still getting hits by member and by looking at the originator of the ad, he never once returned to check his posting after the very day he posted the item for sale.  This is the cause for the separation, ads on the classifieds are current and valid now...thus becoming a RELIABLE source   This is more of the big picture look instead of just a snapshot of what the ado is about this minute..

I read the original thread. I did not respond to it and I did not report it. If someone is suggesting that I did report it I suggest they know the facts before making false acquisitions.

I did reply to the thread, I reminded the originator stating the fact it may very well get deleted...is was wrong page and he declined to act on my friendly advisory..

question of most relevance now is this...has the man created a thread requesting help with his problems..

Time to lock this thread down as it serves no purpose other than to burn bandwidth....everybody has made their point already and the poor guy still isn't any closer to an engine.

PS. I reported it, as I do every thread that I believe doesn't belong where posted....let the crying commence.

• Like 1

Geez Tim, wonder why you don't run for "County Sherriff" as you no doubt want to play the Web Cop role.

I think more members would agree with Caspers post and Wallys post than your Whistle Blower tactics, guess we know who to ad to the PM complainant list....Geesh the Kid is trying to sort out his engine trouble, and you want to Indict him 

Doesn't matter who reported it. The original poster didn't follow the rules. We really only have 2 rules on this forum they aren't hard to follow. Be polite and for sale stuff goes in the classifieds. I get it was an accident but so what. Move past it. If he posts again I'm sure he'll get the same advice. All you're doing with these accusations is getting another thread deleted or locked.

Fargos-Go-Far, on 27 Feb 2016 - 07:56 AM, said:

Again, as it seems always, I did not send the report...read carefully...I posted to the man directly in the thread to post if where it belongs or it may get deleted...I have no powers to delete..it run the course of the rules as written.  you should truly look up the very definition of a whistle blower, as I was posted openly on the forum, I was advising..not squealing...

GTK I am sure will be open to address any PM you send him as to changes to his rules and polices governing the forum.

Doesn't matter who reported it. The original poster didn't follow the rules. We really only have 2 rules on this forum they aren't hard to follow. Be polite and for sale stuff goes in the classifieds. I get it was an accident but so what. Move past it. If he posts again I'm sure he'll get the same advice. All you're doing with these accusations is getting another thread deleted or locked.

Yes I am aware of the policy on off topic posts, and am not disagreeing if the OP persisted with his thread and it's topic where it doesn't belong.

However Ed, you and I both know, that the thread evolved very quickly after my post, then your post into a fact finding mission, and a to help this Young lad figure out what was wrong with his engine. Ain't that right Ed, did you not post sounds like a "head Gasket". Incidentally , I do not recall you stating the thread should not be on the Truck Forum, but you added your insight into what was possibly wrong with the engine. Aint that right Ed?

Time to lock this thread down as it serves no purpose other than to burn bandwidth....everybody has made their point already and the poor guy still isn't any closer to an engine.

PS. I reported it, as I do every thread that I believe doesn't belong where posted....let the crying commence.

Yes Frankie it serves no more useful purpose, thanks to all who have discouraged 1950dodgefan from wanting to be a part of this web forum, and to feel welcomed and mentored by the more experienced members.

Incidentally did you PM the OP, to view your concerns, He is quite Young, and certainly we have not helped him much with his engine problem at all. I really don't get it.....

Seems like this thread is going nowhere good.

If you don't like the policy, contact GTK his info is at http://p15-d24.com/user/5682-p15-d24/

If you don't like how the moderators are interpreting and enforcing the policy, contact GTK.

If you are annoyed with someone's post, sleep on it overnight before posting an (annoying) response. Better yet, ignore it.

And, finally: I don't mention who reports posts that may be violating forum rules. Any guessing about who the reporter might be is just that, guessing.

• Like 3