Steering wheel adapter

falconvan

Any of you guys have an old Grant pn# 3311 steering wheel adapter laying around you'd be willing to part with? All I need is the hub piece so if you don't have a whole kit, I'd still be interested. Or an old junk 49 Plymouth steering wheel that I can cut the center out of would work, too.

• Like 1

Guru,  Not sure exactly what you're needing.... but,  I do know where there are a couple of old Plymouths in a salvage yard I visit occasionally.  On is a 49 Plymouth which has been burned except for the engine compartment (gas tank accident) and a 52 Plymouth fully intact....  The next time I'm at this yard I'll take a closer look at the steering wheel on both cars for you...  It's located in Robertsville, MO ( in the same state at least) about 10 minutes from Pacific, MO.   If you think the Steering wheel off either car will help you just let me know...  Don't know how much the guy will ask...   ((  Bob ))

Sounds good; I want to put a three spoke Grant steering wheel on my 49 but from what I'm seeing the wheel mounting kit part number for the old Mopars is discontinued. So I thought if I took and old steering wheel I should be able to take the steel center piece and machine it down to make an adapter.

What's the name of that junkyard? I'm pretty close to there myself.

Edited by falconvan

Busse's Junk Yard...  His phone number is 636-257-5112...   The interior of the 49 has been burned due to an accident in the yard but since you will be machining the thing anyway.... it should work fine.  (Bob)