Very elusive picture request please

Tatback
Go to solution Solved by pflaming,

I have been searching the furthest corners of google for house looking for one specific car with absolutely no luck. I'm looking for a 46-48 Chrysler windsor/New Yorker that is painted in a candy orange with a white/off white roof. It has a roof rack and has a total surfer look. Does anyone have this picture?

The angle is taken from the rear driver side fender I believe. I found it right after I bought my windsor (may 2015) and never saved it.  :mad:  :o

Edited by Tatback

You sir are a life (sanity) saver.

That's the one! It's like an itch is finally scratched. I feared if I didn't find it soon I was going to have to order a straight jacket for myself.

I have no idea how you found it so fast but thank you so much!

Well tell us more!

• Like 1

Did the Chrysler Traveler have a fold-down rear seat, or other access to the trunk?  

The Suburban was a long-wheelbase car with three rows of seats, the third seat being a small folding seat.

The 49 and later Suburbans had a full size rear seat that closed off the trunk when in seating position.

There was also a DeSoto Carry-All, based on the standard sedan, with a folding rear seat.

Here is a brief side-bar feature on the Traveler, from an article on the Suburban.  It doesn't mention a folding seat.

post-126-0-37324800-1456317809_thumb.jpg