Windshield replacement 2 piece Dodge

BobD
Go to solution Solved by BobD,

Hello everyone.... I'm brand new to the forum so please excuse any errors in format etc.... I live in Australia and recently acquired a Canadain built 47 Dodge Deluxe sedan that had, amongst other things, a badly cracked windshield. I have purchased a new rubber surround as well as two new pieces of glass. I will be reusing the chrome trim. There is no rust to contend with nor any other sort of damage around the windshield opening. Soooooo..... How do I install it..?? Any help will be much appreciated.

you can go online and ping Steele's website for install instructions...basically you will fit the glass pieces into the rubber..and then you will insert the unit from the inside as you work the rubber lip over the pinch weld, the rubber will interlock it to the car body.  The garnish molding is what holds the glass firmly in place against the opening from the inside.  Center divider will go on last.  It is fairly easy with two people.

• Solution

Thanks again for the helpful advice. I've convinced a friend to call in this weekend and he had a few ideas as well as he is a service manager at a car dealership. Cheers.....