Haven't seen this done before

Bob_Koch

I was surprised to see this front end on ebay with the holes cut out near the top. Figured they were a strange way to add directional signal lights. But then I see from Morson's picture in the truck parts for sale section a truck that looks like it had the same thing. Was this some kind of dealer option?

Had never seen it before and now this week I find two of them. Anyone seen this?

1b_3.JPG

Picture048.jpg

Bob-I can't tell for sure but are the lights at the top of the front grill in the bottom picture just the flat amber reflectors that were popular during this era?

Mike

I believe that these holes were for support bars for the grill guard (brush buster) accessory.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/khfoit/79a5.jpg

I was sent this picture from someone on this forum. I think it was Reg Evans. If you would like to see other pictures of the grill guards, contact me off net. khfoit at yahoo.com

Ken, Indy

There's a reason most of us will never see some accessories books like the one Reg has. It's because we're too faint hearted! When the bidding on ebay for some of these books start going over $100, I tend to bale out. Reg kept on going and bought the book. Then shared it so that we could all enjoy it. Some of these specialty dealers books can get really expensive. I've tried to buy some others like it for the Dodgepilothouseclub so it could be shared, but my heart couldn't handle the bidding prices.