restoration heater duct

bluefoxamazone

hello all,

I am considering to redo the whole heater duct (from blower to heater radiator) of my '53 cranbrook. It is still in the car but has been repaired with some sheet metal and duct tape.

I there someone who has a "geometric scale drawing" (hopefully my translation makes sense... :-)  ) of such a duct?

If I can find a drawing with the exact dimensions I would like to reproduce it in sheet metal or plastic. If not, I am thinking to fill the old one with PU foam, and use the foam later as a fibreglass mould.

any ideas?

grtz,

Franky

if modification to your original is not a problem....I found it easy to use all metal and come out with a very acceptable looking and totally functional duct...even has a clean out at the bottom...

thought I had one in my folder of it painted and installed but could not find it...it is a very nice fit and flows and blends nicely of the connector that is at the box...

paint can and a bit of metal duct slight hammer and dolly to shape the opening to match the clamp/connector..little welding with the torch and with 000 tip

post-19-0-63946100-1453330887_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Why not buy one ready made?  Excellent quality , prompt delivery.

Paul Taylor  pwjitaylor@msn.com     He advertises in  the Plymouth Bulletin.

I have used these in a 50 and 51.     The one for the 53-4 is $169 + 15 s&h

Meticulous detail and perfect fit.  Better material than the original by far.

Though the original poster didn't ask, I still like other options listed. I didn't know this vendor existed. Will contact him to see if he makes one for my 52. No one should feel they shouldn't offer other sources, vendors, opinions, suggestions and such!!!!! That's the whole idea of a forum.

I'm in the same boat, I'd rather buy a quality item than try to make it. There are different boats with different people in those boats. So I say voice your thoughts and don't worry about it!

Earl

wooooooooooooooooooooooooow hold it my dear friends... If I had known that my (simple) question would have grown into a discussion like this, I would have never asked it... 

I appreciate any answer or advice what so ever. What I do with it is my business and I do not like that grown men with the same passion as I have, start shooting at each other.

This forum has helped me a lot in the past and I hope I will get some help out of it in the future. I like to restore my old Cranbrook as good as I can, but like I mentioned in earlier posts, finding the right pieces here in Belgium/Europe is often impossible, that is the reason of my original question. It is very good to know that I can buy a new duct and I appreciate the info but untill the part is here, it will cost me at least double due to customs and shipping fees. So that is why buying is not always an option, but as said, the info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for everyones contribution!

I can't believe this innocuous request led to the back and forth posts (and reports to the moderator). I've deleted many posts that were not related to the need for repairing/making/buying a heater duct and hope that the thread will now be able to get back on track.

• Like 3

wooooooooooooooooooooooooow hold it my dear friends... If I had known that my (simple) question would have grown into a discussion like this, I would have never asked it... 

I appreciate any answer or advice what so ever. What I do with it is my business and I do not like that grown men with the same passion as I have, start shooting at each other.

This forum has helped me a lot in the past and I hope I will get some help out of it in the future. I like to restore my old Cranbrook as good as I can, but like I mentioned in earlier posts, finding the right pieces here in Belgium/Europe is often impossible, that is the reason of my original question. It is very good to know that I can buy a new duct and I appreciate the info but untill the part is here, it will cost me at least double due to customs and shipping fees. So that is why buying is not always an option, but as said, the info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for everyones contribution!

Sometimes our American sense of humor isn't fully appreciated by our neighbors in foreign countries such as Belgium etc. As Americans we like to poke a little fun at each other. If you don't believe me just post that your thinking about installing a small block Chevy in your P-15, buckle-up, buck-a-rooh. :D   

• Like 1