Start Of Another Project

I have been reading and learning as much as I can before I picked up my new to me 1950 Dodge. I do not know all the details on this truck yet other than the obvious. It will need lots of work but I cant wait to take on the project. My plans so far are to keep it as original as possible with slight modern upgrades. Let me know what you think or if you have any advice.

Thank You

Jared

Hey Jared,

Nice looking project you have there.Welcome to the best source of information about these trucks on the internet or anywhere ! Get the beast running and safe and drive the heck out of it.

Welcome Jared, any photos of the inside? I'll be curious to learn what that is on the cab behind the drivers door.

Be  aware of pflaming!  (Patina Vader)

He is trying to get you to join him on the Dark Side of Patina paint!

;)

DJ

• Like 3

Be  aware of pflaming!  (Patina Vader)

He is trying to get you to join him on the Dark Side of Patina paint!

;)

DJ

Yep....watch out is putting it nicely. I am kinda a fan of true patina myself. But what Paul has going on is something else......

What ever you do don't use his recipe for Pilothouse Flambeau.....

Before you remove all the exterior paint, take clean the surface, you may be very surprised at how much of the original paint is hidden. I certainly did.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yep....watch out is putting it nicely. I am kinda a fan of true patina myself. But what Paul has going on is something else......

What ever you do don't use his recipe for Pilothouse Flambeau.....

I like the original patina but this is to far gone for my liking. Even after I cleaned it up today it is alot better but not good enough for me to just leave it.

Again......IMO Paul's recipe is not the best way to start off a new project.

Jared you will want to keep yours internal combustion........Paul seems to think external combustion is an acceptable way to create patina. We all know different. :D

Have fun with your new project. Looks to be similar to what I started with.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff Balazs
  • Like 1

Man quit picking on Paul. It's not his fault the cat got in the garage and knocked over the gas can that spilled causing it to start a fire. On the plus side I like the patina!

;) Where is the fun in that?   Besides the only cat to blame is the old cat behind the wheel. And there is a thought that really blows my mind.......sharing the roads with Paul... :eek:   I imagine that you can still smell that patina.

Jeff

• Like 2

I just ran some numbers and it looks like it still has the original 218 and is toward the last of the 1950's built. 43,860 miles is that a lot of miles for majority of these trucks?

hard telling if the speedometer rolled over. I have 3 that had around 80k on them and from the condition of one of them it could have been more .......or just more used and abused :)