I feel faint. Think I'll go to the doctor.

casper50

5 1/2 minutes of your life wasted...the slide shows is the best anti drinking ad ever...the effect of Jack Daniels is clearly evident and has to be the very cause of this mechanical slaughter...but hey, that is just an opinion and I am not in any manner qualified to make a valid psyche evaluation here..

• Like 2

I skipped through it in less than 30 seconds... a real POS and same with the people in it.

dodgeguy, on 02 Jan 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

Thanks for the heads up. I don't have a lot of time remaining in this life! I don't even wait on elevators anymore  quicker to walk up stairs!

as an FYI..it is quicker to take a window instead of the stairs or elevator once you have conducted your business say, on the 3rd floor of higher..

(not recommended :lol: )

Not sure what is more depressing.... People that do that or people that think it that is cool.

Casper50 i am going to look into hacking your computer and putting a parental control on these sites for you :lol:

I fear if you see to many of these you'll also think they are cool :^)

• Like 2

Not sure what is more depressing.... People that do that or people that think it that is cool.

Casper50 i am going to look into hacking your computer and putting a parental control on these sites for you :lol:

I fear if you see to many of these you'll also think they are cool :^)

we have already seen too much hacking....

I would rather try for a nice look and fall way short due to inexperience or flat out big boo boo that to admit that this was my intended goal from day one....very few of us are how e say a professional, I am surely not, but at least my intentions are good...

• Like 1

Brent no way will I ever think that's cool.  I don't mind a well done chop but i failed to see anything that was well done.  I find them by using the 47 dodge search on youtube.  Looking to see if anyone has done anything cool to their 47.  Pickings are slim.

Edited by casper50
  • Like 1

I may be shunned but I still like a well built rat rod.  I always thought my camper would fall into the category of a rat rod.  BUT, that was the ugliest vehicle I ever saw.    

• Like 1

I think the original build and intent of the rat rod has been so abused and standards lowered to the point anything goes these days and the rattier the better seems to be the new high level of achievement...once built to imitate to some degree  albeit a slightly less emphasis on finish compared to traditional...what we have here is typically being called by the traditionalist and first generation rat rodders  is a CRAP ROD

again, my perceptions based on original conception/intent

• Like 1

What's is in a name? I do not care if someone calls my car a rat rod. My car is somewhat ratty as it is not stock and not of show quality. However some folks are very offended if the term rat rod is applied to there car. Some folks feel they are artsy/trendy to assemble scrap pieces repurposed to a functional machine. I like Tim's moniker crap rod. To me a crap rod is any car with fuzzy dice, red wheels, a skull gear shift knob, a chain or flex plate steering wheel, parts from a manure spreader, a beer keg gas tank, a chopped top, lowered/slammed, flame throwers, the list goes on and on. But this is my personal opinion. The owner/builder/fabricator/banker can do what ever makes them feel good.

Not a fan of this at all and I'm building the to me the old original version of a rat rod. I've got a 47 WC with old if not original paint with rust dents etc. Going to have a 218 and a T5 5spd. This stuff is just trying to take everything to the extreme.

Don you forgot tractor parts on your list!

The biggest antitheft modification I've seen on any MoPar.  Aint my cup of tea, but it aint my truck either.

To each his own, I suppose. Not my cup of tea either, but the only real loss was the old cab... everything else was crusher material anyway. The biggest problem I have with these unsafe and sloppy builds, is that they are going to make it harder and harder for the rest of us to license modified vehicles.

• Like 1

whtbaron, on 03 Jan 2016 - 1:49 PM, said:

To each his own, I suppose. Not my cup of tea either, but the only real loss was the old cab... everything else was crusher material anyway. The biggest problem I have with these unsafe and sloppy builds, is that they are going to make it harder and harder for the rest of us to license modified vehicles.

Valid point...I would think it depends on the state licensing laws....for states having vehicle inspection they must pass some set of checks...or have friend who can check the boxes and sign the form...in states where the police discretion is the factor in a safety check, yes..maybe these guys will get pulled more often..I would think the officer would be more apt to look at this class of build say over the finished look...

As a so called auto enthusiasts, I appreciate the creativity in this build. From the purest survivor, the technicals correct restoration, resto mods to the highly modified and rat rods all these owner/builders share my passion for old cars. Over the years I have learned something that has helped me with my projects from each of these types of enthusiast..

One thing I've learned over the last number of years of car shows and sharing my opinion....it's mine, it's only mine, and the builder could care less what you think. He never thought for one second what you thought about HIS build, because he was building what he wanted. The chances of anyone else building that truck back to original was slim to none, so it would have more then likely hit the crusher....I'm not a fan of the work he did in regards to safety, the steering wheel should be just plain and simply illegal no mater where you live, and the roof welding looks atrocious.....that all said.....rat rods have their place in the car world and you don't have to love them, or hate them....just appreciate that it was another vehicle that may have just been melted to make 10 more Prius's

I've heard guys complain about my build...and I tell them right to their face....I guess I forgot to call you before I built MY truck....so sorry....they usually shut up right after that ;)

• Like 4

One thing I've learned over the last number of years of car shows and sharing my opinion....it's mine, it's only mine, and the builder could care less what you think. He never thought for one second what you thought about HIS build, because he was building what he wanted. The chances of anyone else building that truck back to original was slim to none, so it would have more then likely hit the crusher....I'm not a fan of the work he did in regards to safety, the steering wheel should be just plain and simply illegal no mater where you live, and the roof welding looks atrocious.....that all said.....rat rods have their place in the car world and you don't have to love them, or hate them....just appreciate that it was another vehicle that may have just been melted to make 10 more Prius's

I've heard guys complain about my build...and I tell them right to their face....I guess I forgot to call you before I built MY truck....so sorry....they usually shut up right after that ;)

good point on sharing opinions :)

I get what your saying but, I think the builder DOES care or he wouldn't care to show it off or get offended about people not liking it.

I also think there is a difference in building something you want and upgrading.....  and butchering something just to be different.  

good for you on standing up for what you have done, I haven't seen the build thread but I know you worked hard and you should be proud

JMO :)