Gas filler location on 4 door Woody?

Frank's 49

OK, I have looked at all the pictures I can find of 4 door pilot house Woody wagons.  I have a 2 door and the gas fill pipe is right in the center of the panel, behind the drivers door.  On the four doors, this would be in the center of the rear door.. no good.., so it is not there.  But where the heck is it?  Not visible in any of the pictures I have seen.  Did they hide it?  Do these never run out of gas?  If so I may add a door to mine :) .  Does anyone know? 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the response.  Mine is a three door, with no second door on the drivers side.  The tank fills from the outside, about in the middle of the panel where the door would be.  Under the seat is probably better.  The fill line runs nearly horizontal for about 15 inches on mine, and it vents very poorly when filling the tank.  It constantly backs up, and makes filling the tank a very slow process.   The fuel gauge quit working many years ago and Dad always carried a spare gas can, partially because he was never sure if he had the tank really full, or if the flow was just backing up.  :)  The extra can came about after a 3 mile, midnight walk, caring gas in an two open quart oil cans, which is all the nearest station had to carry gas in.  He said they got down right heavy after awhile! 

Mike Reeber