Pilothouse rear end

The Mopar cars from the same era used the same axle type so the diff assemblies will fit into your truck axle. Find a 3.73 diff from a Plymouth, Dodge, Chrysler, or DeSoto from the late 40's to early 50's and you should be in business. The only thing to watch for is the spline count on the axle shafts/side gears. They changed to a finer spline some time in the early-mid 50's, but you could also disassemble the differential and swap out the internal gears to match your axles if needed. The input yolk may be different from the cars but your truck yolk should fit with no problem.

I have a 3.73 diff from a '50 Plymouth in my truck.

Merle

thats probably your cheapest route but if you want to swap the entire rear housing 90s jeep cherokee, the regular cherokee, has the same bolt pattern as the stock truck and the width is real close. comes in many different ratios and the are strong enough to handle the flat head. If you are planning to swap motors later id look for an 8 3/4" rear from a 60s or 70s mopar car. again, same bolt pattern, many different ratios and widths available. good rears and can be found for reasonable prices.

Give the forum a search, there are many swaps to read about.

Edited by Ram Man 02

Hi guys , thanks for your information . I am based in the UK and its not too easy trying to find parts for my truck , would you know of any car breakers that might have a diff from any of the cars you have mentioned  and someone who would be willing to ship to the UK .

Hi Trevor, if you check the "resources/ link/ suppliers" at the top of the page. Some goofball :D has recently posted a link to some salvage yards.
I would think they would ship, it's wether or not you would want to pay LOL

I missed the model of truck your working on...

Edited by Brent B3B

Hi Brent , I'll take a look at the salvage yard and send them an email to see if they might have a diff for my truck . The truck I have is a 1950 B2C it had been in a barn in Minnesota for 45 years and then imported into the UK , we have restored the bodywork which we are very pleased with , the running gear is all original and it has 65000 miles on the clock . If you go on you tube and put in 1950 Dodge Truck you will see how it looked when it came out of the barn , it's a faded green one .

Thanks

Trevor