'51 B3C: Tappet wrench sizes? Where to purchase? Lash specs?

pwrwgn

Would someone please let me know what size tappet wrenches I need to set the lash on my '51 B3C? Rather not pull covers until I have the wrenches...

Any idea where to purchase thin wrenches for the job?

I am finding specs at .009 hot intake and .011 hot exhaust. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any help here!

Thanks Merle! I see Proto's got them too... some longer ones that might save me a few exhaust manifold burns on the knuckles!

As for specs, I started reading my books (dangerous thought)!

The B3 shop manual ( I have a '51 B3C) says 10 degrees intake, 14 degrees exhaust (hot)... 

My Motors Truck and Tractor Manual, copyright 1952 says 10 degrees intake, 14 degrees exhaust (hot) for the 218... BUT

My Motors Auto Repair Manual, copyright 1951 says 8 degrees intake, 10 degrees exhaust (hot) for the 218... 

Hmmm... This is why I always try to get info from a few different books! Can't imagine why specs would be different for the engine dropped in a car versus a truck? They thinking the truck will work harder and typically be run hotter? Does not make sense... Both are going to have 160 degree thermo's...Seems more likely an error in the car manual?

Interesting.

I believe there are 2 schools of thought on this. One is that the trucks are more likely to work with higher loads, which would cause higher exhaust temps and hotter valves. That's also why the larger truck engines used sodium filled valves.

The other theory is that smaller clearances on the cars would run quieter.

Merle