Hei distributor

Bluebell7727

I would thoroughly recommend it, however I have seen where some on this forum have had issues, I had NO problems at all and would recommend it again......andyd 

I agree. Have it. Love it. Highly recommend it...  And zero problems on all fronts, from ordering, shipping, setup, or usage over the last few years.

I'm leaning towards this option. I found my distributor in bad shape. Bushings shot and breaker plate seized. I had a spare and found it had good bushings but a baldy worn flyweight. So I made one get by distributor from the two. Seems parts are rare and expensive to repair the model I have. An IAT-4011.

Unfortunately my car is still 6v so I'd have to convert the car to 12v or find a reliable 6v to 12v convertor that would handle the hei setup. Which I doubt that exists.

Earl

Pertronix has a 6V positive conversion using your stock dizzy. Search "Pertronx" on here and you should get some good info.

Pertronix has a 6V positive conversion using your stock dizzy. Search "Pertronx" on here and you should get some good info.

That was my original route till I found my distributor was junk. Going price for the shaft is 125+ and 65+ for the breaker plate. I can't find flyweights or the springs. Also I don't have a test stand to adjust the mechanical advance. That's a lot of money to spend and than spend 130 for the pertronix kit. My get by I made from the two isn't worth dumping money into either. I've been looking for a nos or a good used one but they are rare apparently.

Earl