Welcome to the Pilothouse forum...

Guest P15-D24

Guest P15-D24

The early testers posted that feedback. It you remember I did a poll recently of how many were still on dialup. Suprised how many still were, but they are trending downward. Perhaps a topic for a future poll??

• 2 months later...

I used to go on the other forum all the time and became quite comfortable with it. I just got on the new forum but for the life of me I can't figure it out. Is there a tutorial? In fact I'm not even sure how I'm going to find the answer to this post. Perhaps someone could answer me at donlj@ix.netcom.com

Thanks all.

Welcome back to the new Forum format Don. Hopefully you found your way back here for the answer to your question. After you've used this new format a while you'll like it. It really has some great features. Instead of hitting Reply button above the post, you can hit the new 'New Post' button in the horizontal mastehead above. The title line that you enter should always be the link back to your post. Otheres can Reply just as you did on the PilotHouse Forum link on the 23rd of December.

As you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you can see all the previous posts and the numerous replys that Forum members have entered.

Hope this heps.

Jim B3B#1, B3B#2 & B3C in Dallas

• 2 months later...
Guest bob cheek

I found G & G mopar parts there in 320 east F street Colton , Ca 92324

telephone # 909-825-1231 ask for bob or ernie

lot of parts for mopars

• 4 weeks later...

Have anyone had a coil blow up and start burning ?

I changed the ole B4B over to 12 volts, changed the coil and all was well until

I left the ign on while playing with the electric wipers.

I for to to turn it off, went to have a beer, came home and saw oil under the truck. The coil had blown up.

Never had that happen before, put a new coil on and it gets hot after a while with the ign on and the truck not running.

• 1 month later...
Have anyone had a coil blow up and start burning ?

I changed the ole B4B over to 12 volts, changed the coil and all was well until

I left the ign on while playing with the electric wipers.

I for to to turn it off, went to have a beer, came home and saw oil under the truck. The coil had blown up.

Never had that happen before, put a new coil on and it gets hot after a while with the ign on and the truck not running.

You either need a 12v coil that has an internal resistor or you need to add a ballast resister to the ignition circuit.

Yep, Had a coil blow!

I went to get a Rainier beer and and left the key on in the ole "Slash" truck for about 30 minutes and then heard this loud firecracker explosion and Damit, the coil blew up, scared the wild chickens out of me!!. Now I`m more careful to only drink 3 "rainier beers" between slash loads!!

Bob.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Falcon(63),

Is the serial number tag missing from the driver's side door post? If so, there's another place to find the serial number. It's stamped into the left side frame rail just ahead of the front axle.

This isn't my truck, and I'm not sure who's it is, but this picture is also on the DPETCA site. The area that has been cleaned and circled is where you'll find the serial number

front_frame.jpg

Now, take that serial number to this web site http://www.t137.com/registry/help/decode.php to find some information on your truck.

Also, as a reference, here is a picture of my 1950 truck. The 48's and 49's had the same front end style with stainless grill bars.

P1010200.jpg

And here is a '51 or '52 model. Again I don't remember who's truck this is. I just liked it and saved the picture. The '53 has the same front grill style, but the reat fenders are different.

DSCF0007.jpg

I hope this all helps you. Good luck with your truck.

Merle

ps. I also recommend getting a copy of Don Bunn's book "Dodge B-Series Trucks". It has a lot of very good information about our trucks.

Book.jpg

I can't answer your question on non-chromed grill badge. I didn't think any of them were, but I don't know for sure.

As for the book... It should be available through any book store, or online at places like Amazon.com, etc.

For parts, check Kanter http://www.kanter.com/ , Roberts Motorparts http://www.robertsmotorparts.com/index.html , Andy Bernbaum Auto Parts http://www.oldmoparts.com/Default.htm , and several others. Check the Links section of the Pilot-House.com site. You can also find several parts at local parts stores like Napa, Advanced Auto, Checker, etc.

Thanks Merle. What model had the non-chrome job-rated badge on the grill? 53? Where can a get a copy of the book, and is there a site for aftermarket or nos parts?

Henry

Henry,

The 1951 thru 1953 models used the large squarish Job Rated badge in the center of the grille. Only 1951 had the stainless one. The Korean war forced the manufacturers to cut back on the use of stainless so the 1952 & 1953 models were painted pot metal.

Brad

Not that it matters but actually the 51 grill center wasn't stainless. It was a heavy cast pot metal chromed piece. At least the ones I've seen.

"Mr. Trivial Pursuit"

• 2 months later...

Hi!

My name is Stef, I'm in Norwich, UK & last August, I purchased a rather tired '52 B-2-B truck which had been modded with a 4" roof chop, Camaro front clip & 305 V8.

She has spent most of the past year in the workshop & is now just weeks away from being ready to show.

I've taken plenty of pics throughout the process & will post some up when I get the chance.

Glad to have found this site & looking forward to reading through the threads.

Cheers for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Truck66.jpg

It's been a while, but things are starting to take shape. I've since finished preparing the inside & all the electrics are up & working. The lights are in & looking well & the grey laminate all-round tinted glass gives me some privacy. More pics shortly - I don't have a digital camera, so I'm waiting to collect the negs from processing. She is now with the upholsterer, while we get on with the buck, which I had blasted & primed yesterday.

More soon.