Welcome to the Pilothouse forum...

Guest P15-D24

Bad news on the truck - I was having real trouble with the front suspension trying to get it to sit level, only to discover there's some kinda twist in the chassis - it seems the front clip was welded to the chassis with the cab on - you can tell by the way the welds follow the line of the bulkhead. This now means I've gotta spend Winter stripping it back down.

Ah well....

Looking good, though...

DSC00110.jpg

DSC00047a.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest rwdavis0

Hello,

My son and I have just started to work on a '48 Fargo FM2 (1 ton) with hoist.

We were told it has a "new" engine that I'm guessing is a 251. It also has a 12V starter and alternator.Does anyone know how to id the year and size of the engine from the casting numbers or the engine serial # (if I can find it).

Here are some pix attached.

Thanks Bob Davis

post-1696-13585346509895_thumb.jpg

post-1696-13585346510013_thumb.jpg

post-1696-13585346510149_thumb.jpg

Guest rwdavis0

Thanks Merle,

Right after I posted, I figured out how to search the forum and saw all sorts of info on how to tell which flathead is which. Anyway am I right in thinking that most of these "long block" Canadian engines use all the same gasket sets?

Bob -newbie restorer in Calgary

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest cowjunkie

Can anone tell me what year of dodge pickup glen ford and henry fonda drive in the 1965 western 'the rounders'? you can see the pickup in a clip at you tube by typing in 'the rounders'. thank you

• 2 years later...

it looks like that's a '52 B-3-C-116 with the factory rear bumper...I recall there being a Pilot-House being driven by one of them crackers in the '67 film "In The Heat of The Night"...LoneStar did a music video back in the 90s using a parked Pilot-House as a back drop...

large.LONESTAR.jpg.0a40b6991cb50cb7cc6031b6ddb727c4.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
revised picture

Job-Rated: Are your going without a bumper? Seems a bit brave. I do not currently have a grill, so I am looking at options. I like yours, maybe lazer cut the word "D-O-D-G-E", chrome it and attach. . . .Would take the pattern from the tail gate.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum. Wheel cylnders can be had from your local NAPA dealer along with quite a few other parts such as gaskets and seals, not sure about the clutch but is worth asking about. Oil baths will have to be sourced as a used piece from someone's collection, swap meet or salvage yard. There's a search feature here on the forum that will answer most of your questions but feel free to ask. Post up pics of your project as you go along.

• 2 weeks later...

Best offer over $150.00 for all. We are installing a V8 with automatic. Located in southwestern Michigan for pick up only.

Removed from what was an everyday driver until three years ago and then it sat in an open field. Engine untested, but I am fairly certain transmission and other parts in drive train are good.

• 7 months later...

Trying to figure out how to best use forum. How do I post pictures and how do I know when I am using the right venue to get some questions answered? Mine is a 1951 Fargo which started out in Northern Alberta on the farm Peace River country.

The restoration , all original, is just about complete except for grille mouldings and the finishing of the truck bed. Finding grille mouldings has been next to impossible, so I would like to get public domain drawings so they can be manufactured. Does anyone have schematics and or the capability to measure the bars and mounting brackets for reproduction?

I would also like to confirm where the spare tire and rim goes on the 1951 Fargo. Under the bed or along the box, like I have seen on some pics of Dodge trucks?

I am really enjoying my ride!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Greetings. I am a fairly new member, looking for parts and information. I don't seem to have rights to post to the forum or in ignorance, just don't know how.

I am restoring a 1848, 1 Ton, Model B1D and looking for a passenger side tail light bracket that mounts to the frame. I have the drivers and new lights.

Also, and most important, wondering if anyone has success finding replacements for the old split-rims. I'd like to get always from them. Thank you.

Thank you but that's not it. The 48, B1D, I have is a stake bed so the tail light mounts to a bracket off the frame. It's a flat flange, transitioned to a tube about 10 inches long, that flattens out to accommodate the two-bolt design of the tail light. I'll probably end up fab my own.

• 3 months later...