Original Stuff That Came With P15s?

J.P.G.

Hello All,

In my never-ending pursuit to make my 1946 Plymouth Deluxe Club Coupe as original as possible, I am looking for information on what came with the car new. Specifically, What did the 1946 owners manuals and service books look like? Was there a tool kit that came with the car? Any accessories (ice scrapers, extra parts, pamphlets, etc)?  Was there a difference in what a Deluxe and Special Deluxe came with? Was there a difference between 46, 47, and 48?

Thanks in advance, and happy motoring,

J.P.G.

J.P.G., on 18 Oct 2015 - 2:57 PM, said:J.P.G., on 18 Oct 2015 - 2:57 PM, said:

Hello All,

In my never-ending pursuit to make my 1946 Plymouth Deluxe Club Coupe as original as possible, I am looking for information on what came with the car new. Specifically, What did the 1946 owners manuals and service books look like? Was there a tool kit that came with the car? Any accessories (ice scrapers, extra parts, pamphlets, etc)?  Was there a difference in what a Deluxe and Special Deluxe came with? Was there a difference between 46, 47, and 48?

Thanks in advance, and happy motoring,

J.P.G.

I think I know what you are asking here....each car is often different enough to say that would be a might tall guess....If you are trying to  make it as original as possible, you will only have the items on it that were installed at the factory.  As stated there are some references on the forum to accessories available across the model as options but unless you have a build sheet from Chrysler Historical Society none of this is going to be of use to you as you have no idea what was or was not installed on your car at the factory..  Also that the society is now in-op till sometimes next month, projected, as being ready to start researching body number gain to supply owner's with a copy of their build car.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

I ordered the build microfilm from Chrysler shortly after buying the car, but I've forgotten where I put it, I'm afraid. I'll keep looking.

I've read all of the resources section, but it doesn't have exactly what I'm looking for. Say it's November of 1946, and I'm finally at the dealership taking delivery of my new P15 Deluxe coupe. My question is: what little accessories would I be handed in addition to the car, owner's manual, two sets of keys, a jack, a tire iron, a spare tire, and the options ordered from the factory/dealership (extra windshield wiper/sun visor, heater, etc)?

and......maybe a cigarette from the saleman wishing you a farewell.

There may have been some documents from the manufacturer of what ever brand of tires were on the card.  There was a card showing how to use the jack, get the spare out and change a flat tire.  Maybe a page illuminating MoPaR accessories available from the dealership. and a printed piece encouraging you to keep you car original by using only MoPaR replacement fluids like coolant, oil, grease, etc.  And there might have been something referring to MoPaR wash soap, waxes, and other cleaning products. There might have been a tag wired to the radiator which identified the type of coolant used.  

Hope this helps

Thanks for that PDF on the options.  About the parking light lenses.  Is there any identifying marks on the lenses to let you know if they are installed properly?  (Assuming you still have the originals.)

• 5 weeks later...

You could almost say stuff not from the Chrysler Corp offered by third parties while the car was nearly new would be original.. Almost..