Riddle me this...

Don Jordan

I used to have a Triumph motorcycle.  It leaked oil when it was just parked.  It must be my karma or something because my 47 P15 is leaking some where around the differential.  I really can't tell where it's coming from.  I've checked and it is full.  Could I have over filled it?  I hope this isn't just a fact of life because it's messing up my garage floor.

Drip pan. Or a couple pieces of cardboard will keep yer floor clean.

Kind of like owning a early Harley! I had a 64 Panhead Harley and no matter what I tried the engine and trans leaked.

Bought a 2'x4' low sided floor catch pan- No more oils on the floor.

Motor used 60 wt. oil, trans 90 wt. Sticky!

Kind of like owning a early Harley! I had a 64 Panhead Harley and no matter what I tried the engine and trans leaked.

Had a friend I worked with, parked his old BSA bike in the ware house everyday. I would  pour fresh oil under it when he was at lunch. I  actually put 1 1/2 quarts down one day, he said he did not even know it held that much. He sold the bike. I did not have guts to tell him. My bad. But the karma has come home with my 47 d24!

• Like 1

Ditto....I've had my '62 Pan for 20 years and if it doesn't leak, I worry. As far as the OP's problem, there are only a few places a diff can leak, eliminate them 1 at a time.

• 4 weeks later...