1949 plymouth deluxe

furby714

Is your drive shaft missing?  Hard to believe it not repairable.  Ujoint repair kits are available and if you don't feel you can tackle the job your self, you can have a shop do the joint for you.  Or you can have on made up at shops that specialize in drive lines.

If you need a complete drive shaft you can check with:

Turlock Auto Wreckers- 209-632-7500 (central Ca.)

They have a fairly complete 50 Ply. 4 dr. in their yard. Does it still have the drive shaft? I never checked that. A friend bought the gas tank from it.

But, I think i would probably have a new one made for somewhere arround $400?? Don't know Socal pricing.

Just a lead for you.

DJ (norcal)

I am missing the complete drive shaft I don't know the length I called up the wrecking yard n they said they would call me back to see if th ey have one

Another question what would be a good wiring harness I just need 12-14 circuits nothing to fancy or too expecive

Would u know of the place we're it's at

There are drive line services in the central valley of CA for auto, trucking, and agricultural customers. The prices are less than what you might expect and the turn around can be quick.

Would u know of the place we're it's at

There are drive line services in the central valley of CA for auto, trucking, and agricultural customers. The prices are less than what you might expect and the turn around can be quick.

A quick Google search turned up these guys in O.C.....not an endorsement, just a link:

http://www.drivelinesinc.com/

Another helpful link:

http://www.iedls.com/Driveshafts/Measuring-Driveshafts.asp

Ran across another problem was taking of the oil pan plug and is kinda stripped need a replacement by tomorrow does anyone know were in oc ie or la I can get one

Many years of Mopar used a 7/8-14 plug, Dorman number 090-010 or NAPA BK7041933. Dorman also has an oversized version for pans that have been stripped, number 090-021 (all these are numbers from a few years ago you will want to recheck them).

When I went to buy one for myself, I found the local store did not stock them and would only order me a box full for pretty big $$$ so I passed on the opportunity.

I had an updated drive shaft made for my 1950 218 Plymouth BC as the original drive line has the boot covers and I think I bought new boots covers then decided to have one made. 

So I guess I have one for sale but I don't know what its worth and I am not going to be back in AZ till Oct,

• Like 1