clip off now what

47Dodge3Window

First post lot’s of helpful information on this site. I usually log in every day just to see what everyone is up to. I have a 47 business coupe thus my name. 47Dodge3Window. I’ve known this car for the past 10 years being the owner for the last three.

Started the end of April, pulled fenders/grill clip. (broke three inner fender bolts off) removed the motor and power washed the exposed frame. Got a little carried away and damaged the tie rod boots. Are the replaceable? Who has them? Installed a used D24 motor from e-bay. Thought I took enough pictures and notes but now I can’t remember where the positive battery cable is grounded to. Thought it might be the generator mounting frame but the bolt are too big for the battery cable. Any way I have a couple of questions.

1. What is the least amount of wires to hook up to try and start this motor?

2. Where does the positive battery cable connect to the motor?

3. Does any one sell tie rod boots?

It will be a while before I can figure out how to reduce the size of my pictures for posting.

Tie rod boots are available through the HELP section at most parts houses...

Wires needed, first positive cable goes to the forward most head bolt as this should be threaded for a bolt to go into..if not mount to a generator to block mounting bolt...

Negative goes to the starter relay...other side to starter...you can then use a jumper wire to connect to the third small relay wire to input battery wire..relay must be grounded for this to work...

Jumper battery to the coil...should be ready to start...

if you are going to start the engine in the car without the original ignition circuit. You are basically hot wiring the engine. Run a wire through a toggle switch from Battery Negative to the ign side of the coil. Flipping the switch will power the coil. With the starter hooked up, you can either use a mechanics friend (remote starter switch) Or an old pair of pliers to jump the big pole on the solenoid to engage the starter. The switch leads go from Bat neg to the small post on the solenoid to then pushing the button energizes the solenoid. The solenoid needs to be grounded, so if its not mounted to the inner fender, temporarily mount it to the frame of fire wall.

www.panteraplace.com/Tools/Tool%2011.JPG