Washington State Fires

Dodgeb4ya

I suppose a lot of you have heard of the raging forest fires here in the West.

In Washington state we just lost 3 fire fighters.

There are at least 13 fires burning in eastern Washington and in one day consumed nearly 100 square miles.

The smoke has now come westward over our Cascade mountain range and is now creating pretty heavy smoke in western Washington creating some pretty smokey and unusual sunsets. Strange orange/red hues of daytime colors make all the trees and surroundings seem like being in a strange new place.

It has been the hottest driest summer here in Washington state ever!

I'm heading over to eastern Washington tomorrow hunting old Mopar cars/trucks and parts.

A smokey Mopar hunt in all the smoke over there... 100-300 miles east of here in Woodinville where I live.

I'm ending up in Walla Walla the farthest SE part of the state @ 105 degree's temperatures too.

Part way to burning hell? Not if I find some good stuff!

Some pics of around my place and neighborhood....

Bob

post-302-0-71954500-1440377192_thumb.jpg

post-302-0-74462000-1440377280_thumb.jpg

post-302-0-96486100-1440377299_thumb.jpg

post-302-0-41347100-1440377504_thumb.jpg

post-302-0-11160100-1440377560_thumb.jpg

Ouch!! We have a similar fire just above us. Be careful, whatever you do. So terrible to see. We saw the effects of the Yellowstone fires 10 days ago, just heart breaking. For known reasons I have a new respect for fire.

Edited by pflaming

So sad about the loss of life....

the last couple days have been smokey in Oregon also. On the news last night they reported over 1100 calls to 911 in about a 4 hr period about the smoke, where a typical day would get that amount all day......

Kinda on edge myself we share a property line with BLM.

Be safe Bob!

It's not close Don... 100 miles away. But...

It could be the same as close as it's tinder dry even here on the west side of the mountains too and there has been lightning and man made fires here but put out quickly.

5 days of rain finally forecast for our area... 1st heavy long rain forecast in at least 3 months!!

We saw a dozen more fire trucks going up the mountain this AM to the Kings Canyon (Rough) fire.

They have over 2000 men on that one fire, (it's one of several) and it's only 25% contained.

Fortunately the wind is blowing the smoke away from Fresno/Clovis.

People in Washington can't breathe the air!