49 on dakota

Go to solution Solved by ebruns1,

Very Nice, any under the hood pics ?

• Solution

I'm looking at doing something similar.  Code504 is getting ready to release a bolt on S10 frame swap kit with all the brackets provided, but the S10 track width is definitely narrow and requires spacers and/or backset rims to fit the wheel wells.  How difficult was it to mod the Dakota?  Did it require you to move the engine and trans rearward and cut the front horns off for the rad mount?  Details please :)

You guys who post pictures that can't be copied are really killiin' me........how the heck can I document something I'd like to do myself if your pictures are copyrighted? There's quite a few of you on here, and you know who you are so don't think I'm just talking to the OP. Are you afraid someone will post your pictures and start claiming your work as their own ,or that it might start WWIII ? When I see a picture that really grabs me, of course I want to save it for later......the old bean doesn't remember things the way it used to and pictures can really help with the process.

So I'm begging you guys, your pictures are priceless and important to anyone who would like to learn from a process, or simply savor a picture of days gone by.......please change your settings so you can share properly with the rest of us....taking a picture of a laptop screen is like saving a bad polaroid.

• Like 1

You guys who post pictures that can't be copied are really killiin' me........how the heck can I document something I'd like to do myself if your pictures are copyrighted?

I did a rt-click on the red truck pic and it copied w/o issue.....but I do agree about folks who keep secrets.......

I'm looking at doing something similar.  Code504 is getting ready to release a bolt on S10 frame swap kit with all the brackets provided, but the S10 track width is definitely narrow and requires spacers and/or backset rims to fit the wheel wells.  How difficult was it to mod the Dakota?  Did it require you to move the engine and trans rearward and cut the front horns off for the rad mount?  Details please :)

No, I did not have to move the engine and trans reward.  I used all of the Dakota engine mounts.  I cut the front frame horns and shortened the frame.  It all takes effort and time!

Tire size is P255/70R16.  The wheels are stock Dakota wheels, powder coated dark gray.

Those must be stock dakota wheels from a newer than 94. The 94s came with 15s.