Jump to content
Don Coatney

Interesting photos I have run across.

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, BigDaddyO said:

Really?

No one liked this?

Anyone have one??

 

What's not to like about P-15's or lathes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigDaddyO said:

Really?

No one liked this?

Anyone have one??

 

Well...I have a few P15s, and I have a couple lathes...but I admit, I do not have a lathe in any of the P15's maybe I ought to make a travelling machine shop with the Packard Hearse.....big rear door, big side opening doors......HMMMM......money maker maybe?   Nah....rather stay at home and mess with my own stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigDaddyO said:

1936 Armored Car

Armored bank wagon with a tail gunner , 1936 .jpg

What good is a gun turret without a couple of A6 Brownings sticking out of it?

That has to be one of the weirdest things I have ever seen. The grille and hood trim look a lot like a 35 Ford. Can't imagine what they would have had to do to that chassis and suspension to handle the additional weight,and if they were still using mechanical brakes I bet it wasn't any fun trying to stop that thing. I can get scared just thinking about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:14 PM, BigDaddyO said:

Take Your Stuff And Leave.jpg

These Skycranes are awesome.  I've seen an orange one over various parts of Maine a few times, most recently near Portland just last Thursday.  It's the only way to get some types of loads into the Maine woods and mountains. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dan Hiebert said:

These Skycranes are awesome.  I've seen an orange one over various parts of Maine a few times, most recently near Portland just last Thursday.  It's the only way to get some types of loads into the Maine woods and mountains. 

Yeah. Those are Erickson Aircranes. Sikorsky sold all the rights to Erickson for the Skycrane. They do mostly logging, fire fighting and power line construction with them. In a little ironic twist, several years ago, Sikorsky in Stratford was getting several big heat exchangers installed and they contracted Erickson to do the hook work at the plant. 

They have a tremendous rate of climb when empty.

Really cool looking and the last aircraft that Igor had a personal hand in designing.

There is a rearward facing seat and set of flight control behind and beneath the flight crews stations so during the lift, the pilot and copilot relinquish the control of the aircraft to the aft flight position so he can maneuver the load into position.

Edited by BigDaddyO
Speeling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, at least they didn't crush them. I like the creativity.

 

 

Edited by pflaming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, pflaming said:

Well, at least they didn't crush them. I like the creativity.

IMG_1137.JPG

IMG_1145.JPG

I really like that produce truck parked inside a supermarket.

Anybody know what it is?

Or even if it is a real truck?

Edited by knuckleharley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

the quintessential RAT ROD........where it all started...

 

 

ratrod.jpg

First there were rat bikes. Trust me on this one.

Rat bikes weren't built as rat bikes. They,or at least mine,started off as nice,clean,chops. After a while riding becomes more important than polishing,and "stuff happens". Like getting drunk and taking it on a motorcross course for grins,running into the wall of a liquor store while trying to get there in a snowstorm before they closed at midnight because you are out of whiskey,and you forgot that brakes don't work in the snow,etc,etc,etc. Or just having your bike as your only transportation for a couple of years in Denver. They tend to get a little dirty in the winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember the rat class bikes long before it spread over into the car scene....and yes they were the short cut to the better built bikes of the chopped and bobber scene...the key words here in all applications is the short cut and low funds thrown at the project..yes the main drive might be to just drive the sucker...but that is why they were ratty.......today its a contest to see who is the rattiest....I quit, anyone who strives not to look finished..you the winner...I admit to losing here hands down.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Plymouthy Adams said:

I remember the rat class bikes long before it spread over into the car scene....and yes they were the short cut to the better built bikes of the chopped and bobber scene...the key words here in all applications is the short cut and low funds thrown at the project..yes the main drive might be to just drive the sucker...but that is why they were ratty.......today its a contest to see who is the rattiest....I quit, anyone who strives not to look finished..you the winner...I admit to losing here hands down.....

Some people actually take nice cars these days and sandblast them so they are rusty. Speaking as someone who has fought rust my whole life,I just don't understand that  mindset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RNR1957NYer said:

Along the same vein....IMG_5658.JPG.2fca7f8db9e3869daf0e4cdc3c74b973.JPG

Ya just gotta something  the 49 caddy fins.

I'm shocked a VW bug has enough power to move all that bondo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

Ya just gotta something  the 49 caddy fins.

I'm shocked a VW bug has enough power to move all that bondo.

It does look like a caddy fin from this angle, but it's actually the heel of an anatomically correct rat's foot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RNR1957NYer said:

It does look like a caddy fin from this angle, but it's actually the heel of an anatomically correct rat's foot!

LOL! Thanks for the correction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That improved the looks of the beetle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Terms of Use