Interesting photos I have run across.

Don Coatney
Go to solution Solved by Ulu,

24 minutes ago, Los_Control said:

120997789_2792267211042750_4309061985430053041_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=xV-ast7ddDIAX9SzmsS&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=ce15da515b7dfd88ea25822806804080&oe=5FB052E5

Pulled from  a good running 34 Ford, if only they bought a Dodge.

Ahhhh,the "magic" of low-compression,low stress engines! I gotta wonder,though.Just how much did a piston cost back then to make all that worthwhile?

• Like 1

Another use for the ex ww2 Frod 4x4s. Homemade farm hedge cutter powered by the low compression v8 with an identical v8 engine solely driving the ten foot single piece cutting blade. These guys cut farm hedges all around my neck of the woods from the 1940s into the 1990s.

643150001.jpg

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, casper50 said:

121641278_4738603006153385_2018959205371601279_n.jpg.de114b09994a16f265bb96513e38d3b2.jpg

I gotta admit,that's a new one on me.

probably the worse one can get....but I have definitely seen some work worn well into the 'beyond gone' and drum brakes also might I add to the point that they separate  some folks will not spend a dime on maintenance till it become a major investment instead of a minor tweak and then complain about the cost...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

10 hours ago, casper50 said:

I can't imagine the sound that happened every time the brakes were applied.

That car didn’t actually have working brakes! The calipers were just dragging 24/7 on the rotors.

I had a women in her late 20-early 30's come in the tire shop where I worked and asked for us to check her brakes.

She said her brakes just Recently began making  loud noises and did not work well .

With the front tires off it looked very much like the the picture. Rotors only had the fins left no smooth flat area left and the pads were also just the metal backing plates. I figured the last of the pad material tore off and it just starting making a noise she could not ignore.  ?

I told her what she needed and approx. cost she chose to drive off against my strong advice otherwise!  ☠️

DJ

5 hours ago, DJ194950 said:

I had a women in her late 20-early 30's come in the tire shop where I worked and asked for us to check her brakes.

She said her brakes just Recently began making  loud noises and did not work well .

With the front tires off it looked very much like the the picture. Rotors only had the fins left no smooth flat area left and the pads were also just the metal backing plates. I figured the last of the pad material tore off and it just starting making a noise she could not ignore.  ?

I told her what she needed and approx. cost she chose to drive off against my strong advice otherwise!  ☠️

DJ

Why were you surprised? When was the last time a woman took your advise?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ulu said:

Here the barbers and bars are all closed for covid.

You can tell by the homemade haircuts that the liquor stores are still open.

Well,we all have our priorities,and since we mostly have to stay home now,who the hell cars about how our hair looks?

Presuming of course you are one of the people still afflicted with hair.

3 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

Well,we all have our priorities,and since we mostly have to stay home now,who the hell cars about how our hair looks?

Presuming of course you are one of the people still afflicted with hair.

hair...we don't need no stinking hair.......hair is just to cover up UGLY heads......

13 hours ago, Ulu said:

Here the barbers and bars are all closed for covid.

You can tell by the homemade haircuts that the liquor stores are still open.

I know that doing my own haircuts look bad but summer it becomes a Very short with the electric clippers.

Winter out comes the stocking cap to wear when out of the house.

Works for me and do not spend much time in front of mirrors! ?

DJ

Kept my hair pretty much trimmed for many many years...military service and such..so on retirement from the Air Force 2003 I decided to grow a beard.  I still kept my hair cut as I was still civil service...retired in 2012 and got a haircut about quarterly for a couple years.....slow growing.  Beard and hair are now on a self maintenance schedule...beard has not gotten any longer in about 15 years...hair is relatively at the same length now for about 5....buy old Plymouth parts with the money saved....

Edited by Plymouthy Adams