Interesting photos I have run across.

Don Coatney
Go to solution Solved by Ulu,

Polished Plymouth 3.jpgD Eric Blaylock to Orphan Car Club of Facebook

This my 49 Plymouth Deluxe Fastback. It's a rust free car out of Waco Texas that I spent a little under a year polishing the steel to a mirror finish. I found no reason to clear it because of it's very rust resistant. I keep it protected with a thin coat of Gibbs oil. So thin, that it's dry to the touch. It's original and unmolested.

Edited by BigDaddyO
Info/Credit
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, FlashBuddy said:

Wow, that is some fancy paint job. Talk about yer mirror finish. Now get after those wide whites!

It's not paint.

The guy said; "I spent a little under a year polishing the steel to a mirror finish."

1 hour ago, BigDaddyO said:

It's not paint.

The guy said; "I spent a little under a year polishing the steel to a mirror finish."

He really did a nice job.

Just from the picture no signs of dings just smooth and shiny. With body work and paint you can use some primer and blocking to get a straight panel. Just naked steel would require a lot of hand dolly work  before you ever started polishing. Be nice to see the sides of the doors but I would expect the owner is a craftsman and they look just as nice and was no easy accomplishment .

Big D thanks for posting it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Veemoney said:

He really did a nice job.

Just from the picture no signs of dings just smooth and shiny. With body work and paint you can use some primer and blocking to get a straight panel. Just naked steel would require a lot of hand dolly work  before you ever started polishing. Be nice to see the sides of the doors but I would expect the owner is a craftsman and they look just as nice and was no easy accomplishment .

Big D thanks for posting it

D Eric Blaylock to Orphan Car Club of Facebook

This my 49 Plymouth Deluxe Fastback. It's a rust free car out of Waco Texas that I spent a little under a year polishing the steel to a mirror finish. I found no reason to clear it because of it's very rust resistant. I keep it protected with a thin coat of Gibbs oil. So thin, that it's dry to the touch. It's original and unmolested.

Duke Paoa Kahinu Mokoe Hulikohola Kahanamoku with his 1950 Dodge Coronet station wagon.

Nicknamed 'The Duke' and 'Big Kahuna', Kahanamoku is the father of modern surfing. He popularized the ancient Hawaiian surfing all around the world. He also won 3 gold and 2 silver medals at the 1912, 1920 and 1924 Olimpics in swimming.

Duke Big Kahuna Kahanamoku & 1950 Dodge Wagon.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

plenty of cheap cars out there,  some cost more money than other and yet does  not move them up in quality.....I ask you what I did because so many folks have and or make opinions without ever having seen the item(s) in question.....The 2CV is very rugged thought it is low cost and spartan beyond spartan in dress....they accelerate to top speed within the same week they started....they have quite following, probably one of the most produced model car in history....many are retrofitted today with later Citroen engines from other models....they are in my opinion a toy as is the Isetta an other bubble gum cars...I tooled around one summer in an Isetta.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams