Interesting photos I have run across.

Don Coatney
Go to solution Solved by Ulu,

Maine DOT has at least a couple older versions of those in northern Maine.  I'm told the USAF gave some to the State to help keep the roads clear for access to the various Air Force bases that used to be here.  (One of them, Loring, about 60 miles north of here was supposedly the largest SAC base in the US.)  Then the State got some more from surplus when the bases closed.  MDOT uses them to help clear drifts, and they're pretty awesome to watch in action.  

When I was doing some research before moving here, I explored a little in Google Earth, saw this in Houlton, and casually wondered what I was getting into...

936858495_BigSnowBlower.jpg.9fc40e942b894a34f825dac2c8c3b067.jpg

Edited by Dan Hiebert

• 2 weeks later...

No sweat handling the bike but not so sure about her!

What a ride, love old Triumph!  ?

DJ

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tom'sB2B said:

I like Ann Margret on a Triumph 

6A60AA70-78CD-4FB9-916A-7FE8F6D56D44.jpeg

Both of those pics are what could be called nicely accessorized Triumphs. Here she is on one of my favorite motorcycles. Gotta give her credit, not many ladies ever rode a Guzzi as easily as she seems to.. Even if she did kinda goof up when she got off it..

23 hours ago, Frank Elder said:

That first Ann Margret picture was a Limited edition run of 24 prints, these guys are trying to sell one signed by the photographer Douglas Kirkland for $3,300 starting bid.........

https://mouchegallery.com/product/douglas-kirkland-ann-margret-1971/

For that kind of money she woulds have to be included in person.

Hope this works.. It's pic of the gas station I worked at in high school. This picture was taken before I worked there. It was a Gulf station when I started. Still had a gravel lot out front, though. Crulus, the man in the pic; built a new Sinclair gas station right behind this one and was still operating it when I worked at this one. 

I got paid $1.00 per hour, worked 20 hours a week, gas was about .30 a gallon, $1.00 a carload at the drive-in, 20 cent burgers, LOTS of good looking girls, a fully stocked machine in the restroom... Man, I had a GREAT time!! ?

Gas Station.jpg

Edited by MackTheFinger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MackTheFinger said:

Hope this works.. It's pic of the gas station I worked at in high school. This picture was taken before I worked there. It was a Gulf station when I started. Still had a gravel lot out front, though. Crulus, the man in the pic; built a new Sinclair gas station right behind this one and was still operating it when I worked at this one. 

I got paid $1.00 per hour, worked 20 hours a week, gas was about .30 a gallon, $1.00 a carload at the drive-in, 20 cent burgers, LOTS of good looking girls, a fully stocked machine in the restroom... Man, I had a GREAT time!! ?

Gas Station.jpg

Those were the days, my friend; we thought they'd never end. Those were the days....

9 minutes ago, Dodgeed said:

Those were the days, my friend; we thought they'd never end. Those were the days....

We lived through the best and we'll never see the like again..  I'm  happy to have those times to look back on. That old service station building was still there last time I was through there 12-15 years ago but it hasn't been in operation for at least 35 years. I need to go by there sometime before it's gone.