Interesting photos I have run across.

Don Coatney
Go to solution Solved by Ulu,

3 hours ago, pflaming said:

An example of repurposing. 

IMG_3912.JPG

I sure would like to see a few more photos of that thing.

12 hours ago, BigDaddyO said:

image.png.7f0e7268e009acda60fd6a7ff191bc75.png

I am guessing that is the Rinomobile limo that was custom-built for John McLunatic.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FlashBuddy said:

Great day for a drive down by the ocean.

Beached Plymouth 2.jpg

My family was from the Outer Banks of NC,and up until the 70's,if you wanted to go shopping for anything other than basic groceries,you had to go to Virginia Beach or Norfolk,Va. The quickest way to do this was drive up the beach. Most of the time that was ok,but you had to be REALLY careful after a big storm because the beach would change. You could be driving down it as easy as driving on a flat paved road,and hit a "washout" created by a rip tide,and fall into a hole big enough to swallow the whole car.  What little sand was in the hole would be quicksand,so  you had to get out quickly and if you were lucky,it happened close enough to a Coast Guard Station that you could run there and get back in time with a DUCK with a winch on it to winch it out of the hole. If you weren't,lucky,the car would basically disappear as the incoming tide would fill the hole with sand again.

I grew up fishing haul nets off the beach,and used to see the roof of a 54 Chevrolet after a big storm would wash a lot of the sand away. A day or two later,it would be covered again,

One of the worse things was to be riding along on what was normally a flat hard sand beach,and suddenly run into gravel beds uncovered by a storm. The minute you spotted that red gravel you started heading for the dune line as quick as you could get there because if you slowed down for anything,you would sink up to the chassis. The next high tide would usually bring sand back again to cover it up. I suspect this is what happened here because I can see gravel behind the car.

I suspect what happened in this case was mom and dad lent the family Pontiac stationwagon to Junior,and Junior decided to go joy riding on the beach. I don't envy him having to explain to mom and dad what happened to the family wagon.

I remember seeing a new El Dorado Convertible in the wash of the ocean one day,with both doors open,and the incoming tide just washing right through it as it took it out to sea. Every time a wave would hit it,it would rock and slide a little closer to deep water.

The oddest thing was to see a new 4x4 Bronco of Blazer stuck in the wash of the ocean . Every time I saw one it ended up having dealer plates on it and was bought by a elderly couple that bought a 4 wheel drive "so we could enjoy driving up the beach.". Nobody bothered to tell them,and they never bothered to ask,how to put it into 4 wheel drive. They just assumed it happened automatically. It would embarrass them to see me hook a tow rope to my 2 wheel drive truck and pull them out of the ocean.

Edited by knuckleharley

• 3 weeks later...

Let me try to guide this thread back to track (as pink panter cartoon is not "interesting photo..." to me... IMHO)

The following may neither be interesting to all of you, but hopefully to some of you...

Is that a special bodied 1948 Packard as a taxi cab in foreground?
At least two of DeSoto taxi cabs around...

SHORPY-N4-038A.jpg

Old Woodues Bait & Tackle Shop - It's for sale! Listed March 30th for 11k, then shown later in August having sold for 27,500.00. Guy said he sold it because he couldn't find any peace in the campground. Imagine that?

https://www.dealslister.com/cars/classics/brattleboro-vt/1929-ford-model-a-custom-built-woody-w-teardrop-trailer

More photos: https://www.vintagecampertrailers.com/for-sale/1929-model-a-ford-woodie-wagon

7 minutes ago, FlashBuddy said:

Old Woodues Bait & Tackle Shop - It's for sale! Listed March 30th for 11k, then shown later in August having sold for 27,500.00. Guy said he sold it because he couldn't find any peace in the campground. Imagine that?

https://www.dealslister.com/cars/classics/brattleboro-vt/1929-ford-model-a-custom-built-woody-w-teardrop-trailer

More photos: https://www.vintagecampertrailers.com/for-sale/1929-model-a-ford-woodie-wagon

termites can be pretty loud....I would walk right past that setup without a glance to see the project cars on the back row.....way too overdone to interest me...

• Like 1