Interesting photos I have run across.

Don Coatney
Go to solution Solved by Ulu,

I owned a Schwinn Tornado in the 60's.  The bike in the photo is a Schwinn Typhoon frame, which is slightly different, but it appears to have the earlier tornado style front sprocket.

BTW, the drawer-pull grillework is unbelievable.  I don't believe anybody should be quite that tacky.

It probably is the Mrs. My wife would be the only one who might be able to talk me into wearing an outfit like that, wearing it in public would be much more difficult and I'm really sure I wouldn't be happy about any of it.

• Like 1

Yes......that is definitely the Mrs.   

She is a volunteer at the Wildcat Glades wildlife area and Audubon Society facility just south of town.

This past weekend they held their annual Shoal Creek water festival on the small river running through

the place.  It was a little warm, but a fun event.  They have races of canoes made from cardboard and

other similar fun events, plus numerous informative booths from various organizations. 

Our job was to simply walk around, greet people, and pose for pictures if requested.  The pay was a

free lunch (hot dog or hamburger). 

We did the same thing two years ago.

I have never been a fan of them scooter type bikes...

Me neither, since 1972, when I slid one across a wet intersection on the floorboard. It was a Lambretta, which was prettier, but still a deathtrap at any speed where a sudden radical maneuver was required.

I had a Fire Fighter pedal car, with the chrome bell and the tiny white wooden ladders.

It was given to another child when we moved from Washington to Arizona. I was 7 by then and onto a bicycle.

I had a Fire Fighter pedal car, with the chrome bell and the tiny white wooden ladders.

It was given to another child when we moved from Washington to Arizona. I was 7 by then and onto a bicycle.

heck..I got one of them now....but had to make my own ladder...the ladder has since been stained and clear coated..

post-19-0-96817900-1440121399_thumb.jpg

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 2

heck..I got one of them now....but had to make my own ladder...the ladder has since been stained and clear coated..

How about a picture of you pedaling your fire truck around your yard? 

Or climbing on those ladders...

You haven't planned to save skyscrapers by using that machinery, have you?

Edited by Uncle-Pekka

That's the older (and nicer) Buick version.

Mine was new but it was like the one with the go-kart wheels on the back. More like a Dodge or IHC look to it, but I don't know if it modeled any real vehicle.

Here's a bizarre photo...

I took this of the old SF-Oakland bay bridge, from the deck of new bay bridge.

post-6765-0-59535500-1440193435_thumb.jpg

They stopped disassembling the old bridge when PETA discovered 300 endangered cormorants nesting there. 

Efforts to lure them onto the new bridge instead have failed misrably.

Tens of millions are being spent, but nothing has gone right.

In addition they found that the contractor failed to grout about 300 galvanized anchor bolts on the main pylon. Water has infiltrated the cavities, and the bolts are starting to rust and crack.

The dang things are 20 feet long, and almost impossible to remove without destroying the new bridge.