Brake Shoe Anchor Bolts

rcumba11

Hey Fellows,

Been a while, but am looking for the two anchor bolts on the left front wheel of my '48 Desoto S11. Doe anyone have any and/or know someone who does. I finally got the shoes adjusted so the hubs would go on, but I think someone accidently threw them away.  I would appreciate an help.

Thanks,

Roger

Are you talking about the eccentric pin that is used to adjust the heel of the brake shoe or the little  thin  metal rod that  holds the brake shoe against the backing plate that has the little metal cup that has th e indent.

If you were able to put the shoes on the wheel then how did you do this if you are missing the anchor bolts?  Not sure of what you are looking for a picture will help.

I looked at my 37-52 Moapr PArts catlog and I figured you are talking about the eccentric pins

46-52 all cars:  Long Front 2 per car  Lower pin Part # 854022

Short Front 2 per car upper pin part# 870900

The ones used on my 39 Desoto willnot fit on your car but someone might have a set. Keep checking on Ebay.

Rich HArtung

Desoto1939@aol.com

Edited by desoto1939

I've got several of the cam bolts that anchor one end of the brake shoe and has a cam with an arrow on it to adjust the shoe. If your talking about the wear adjusters I believe that you will have to change the backing plates as mine were assembled and welded on to the plates