1950 dodge B2C weather stripping!

So i have my old dodge truck, when i got it the windows in the doors were busted and the weather stripping and whatever was supposed to be in the door to seal the windows and guide them was stripped, i found a website to get parts but i dont know if they are the rite parts and if i can find them any cheaper somewhere else.. this is my first restoration and lets just say i know a ton about this truck but i dont know a lot about the little things on it. its the pilothouse 3 window cab and the doors have the vent window in them so could someone give me a hint on what parts id need for the windows to seal and roll up and down like new? i dont have any parts to reference so im basically starting from scratch. any help would be much appreciated and ill have to post some pics of it now and when i first got it. i started this project as a 6th grader and i am now a senior and entered it in its first car show as of last night! super excited!

Roberts has nearly all the parts, but after just installing their windshield and rear window gasket, I don't recommend those from there. The other parts were very good quality, although I got sent all the wrong clips for my window channel, so I ended up using weatherstrip adhesive to hold them in. For your doors, you need the channel, the sweep, and depending on wing window or not, those channels and strips. Good luck

Roberts has nearly all the parts, but after just installing their windshield and rear window gasket, I don't recommend those from there. The other parts were very good quality, although I got sent all the wrong clips for my window channel, so I ended up using weatherstrip adhesive to hold them in. For your doors, you need the channel, the sweep, and depending on wing window or not, those channels and strips. Good luck

whats the website for  Roberts? thank you 

• Like 1

Usually a banner ad at the top of the forum, but it's robertsmotorparts.com

thank you sir, sorry to bother you with this i ran through the website and theres so many parts and stuff and i cant afford to get the wrong parts...would you happen to have all the part numbers of the stuff you ordered to do yours? its gonna cost a lot to seal up this truck and i cant afford to do it twice and im just not sure of what to order half the stuff has no picture and there isnt a description at all 

I would suggest also calling and talking to Gary, nice guy and you'll get some customer service specific to your needs

• Like 1

I would suggest also calling and talking to Gary, nice guy and you'll get some customer service specific to your needs

thanks for the help sir but i dont know these people like you guys may know them. basically im saying im new to the dodge world and new to the dodge trucks specifically so could you please be more specific about who Gary would be or a phone number possibly i dont mind calling around and stuff just need to know the reason for calling them if that makes since. all you veterans to the dodge world know the whole network of people and places to find parts while i havent a clue of where or who to go to. haha so thank you all for your help just be more descriptive thank you 

Thanks Jeff..... Sorry dodgefan1950 his name was on the home page of the web site..... Guess I could have made it more clear.

Good luck

oh no thats my bad i should be more observant ha but thank you guys and also another question what do you know about the emergency brakes on these trucks or i guess the hand brake? i pull on it and nothing happens it doesnt move so im wondering if maybe its froze up? not sure though would sure be handy though so i can let my truck sit and warm up without having to chock the tires haha 

It's a cable that runs to a transmission brake, it can be the cable or the linkage on the transmission itself that closes the shoes on the drum. Best plan is to unhook the cable and see if that allows movement, if not...start there. Gary will help you, just be sure to have your model and vin handy before calling. Steele Rubber Parts is another website to google for the gaskets, but definitely more money...but I see why.

well the handle doesnt move.. i didnt know if i was supposed to move it a certain direction or something like turn it counter clockwise then give it a pull im not entirely sure 

It's a cable that runs to a transmission brake, it can be the cable or the linkage on the transmission itself that closes the shoes on the drum. Best plan is to unhook the cable and see if that allows movement, if not...start there. Gary will help you, just be sure to have your model and vin handy before calling. Steele Rubber Parts is another website to google for the gaskets, but definitely more money...but I see why.

There are two handle types...the T style just pulls straight out, then turn counter clockwise to release, the other I can't speak of, as I don't have it in my truck.

Edited by 4mula-dlx

There are two handle types...the T style just pulls straight out, then turn counter clockwise to release, the other I can't speak of, as I don't have it in my truck.

Yours turns Counter Clockwise? Mine is a Clockwise twist to release.

The early type park brake is a lever up through the floor with a button on top to release it.

The early type park brake is a lever up through the floor with a button on top to release it.

Canadian?   :lol:

Canadian?   :lol:

I was thinking he got an Aussie one. You know everything south of the equator goes backwards.