Sway Bar Rubber Bushings

RobertKB

I have recently rebuilt the front end on my 1951 Dodge D39 Business Coupe. The onlly thing I still need are the rubber bushings for the sway(stabilizer) bar . This is a Canadian Dodge so it is really a Plymouth with Dodge trim. I have checked Bernbaum and Roberts on-line and they do not have them. I am just wondering if anyone knows a different source or if they know of a modern replacement from a newer vehicle that can be made to fit. I believe there was something mentioned once on the forum but I could not find it. I also believe the rubber bushing is different than '46-'48 but I could be wrong. Thanks for any help in advance.

Edit.............found a parts number on the rubber bushing in my '53 Plymouth. It looks to be the same as the one in my '48 as well. Parts# 1126293.

Edited by RobertKB

Bordering on a want ad. . . I hope you placed one there.

If you have the part numbers (my books stop at '48), it might help.

Yes, I do want a couple, but really looking for a supplier or to know if anyone has found an alternative that will work. I appreciate you leaving it on as it may well benefit others down the road, literally and figuratively. I cannot find a parts number. I did place an ad just now.

Edit.............found a parts number on the rubber bushing in my '53 Plymouth. It looks to be the same as the one in my '48 as well. Parts# 1126293.

Edited by RobertKB

Dave Kruse at 909-239-7932 has made these bushings but I do not know if he has any in stock now. Within the last year I got a set made of polyurethane that he also makes. The last time I talked with him he was very busy with his rubber roller business and did not seem to have much time for the sideline business of rubber parts for our cars. Hopefully things are better for him now and he will be able to help you.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the update. I contacted Dave Kruse who was very helpful and had what I was looking for. A pair of rubber sway bar bushings was $28.00 which I thought was very reasonable. In fact, I ordered two pair so I have extra if needed on one of my other vehicles. Dave was great to deal with and I recommend him to anyone. I contacted through email at krusn64@aol.com which I got from his website.

Dave IS a nice guy and seems to have good products........I have several items from him. 

A few years ago, I found an area guy who had a handful of n.o.s. complete sway bars for a P15 and others....

so I bought myself one to replace the one on the car with the bent bracket. 

Hi , has anyone swapped out to a jeep sway bar. I think it is posted here some where.I'm going to do this on my 51 and 54 Plymouths

Bordering on a want ad. . . I hope you placed one there.

If you have the part numbers (my books stop at '48), it might help.

How is this bordering on a want ad when RobertKB says he is looking for a different source?

• Like 1