Some questions

unknown

So after reading many threads here I have decided to stick with the stock suspension. Does anyone have a parts list to rebuild the front end. Also would it be smarter/cheaper to just buy a kit from kaner or try and source parts from a local parts house. Yes I have used the search engine and read a ton of threads on here.

I had some parts from NAPA and ended up not using them as they were cheap Chinese knock offs and many of the old parts had less play than the new ones. When I rebuilt the front end on my '51 Dodge, I used a combination of good used parts and other parts from sources I could phone and verify they were either American or Canadian made NOS or NORS parts. ROVON Auto Parts is a good place to get parts. If you search you should find them mentioned on the forum as I have mentioned them several times.

Edit...............just took my own advice. It also helps if you know the parts numbers but any good parts book will give you those.

Rovon Auto Parts
640 - Porter Street
Coquitlam, BC V3J 5A7
Canada

Phone (604)936-9312
Fax (604)936-4997         

Edited by RobertKB

Preferably NOS/NORS Made in USA parts....usually on ebay and a few other vendors. Confirm either, but, in my opinion, AVOID the overseas made parts. I personally would rather pay more up front for known NOS/NORS (or rebuilt original parts) and be done with it. Good luck.

There is a nos parts source in Turkey of all places.  Apparently Mopar had a large assembly facility there and a good sized market in the 40's, 30's and early 60's.  The seller has an E bay Store I believe and some folks have had good dealings and good parts from that source.

When I was collecting parts for my 230 engine re build I obtained a lot of parts thru those guys in Turkey, "moparken" or similar was one.......these were all, without exception genuine USA made parts in the original boxes at approx. 1/3-1/2 the USA price, packed well and shipped promptly........I would NOT hestitate to recommend these guys.........Andy Douglas 

moparkenan I think is his handle over in Turkey.

Here is a link to some current listings on eBay.            http://www.ebay.com/sch/moparkenan/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2654

You can contact him thru eBay using their "ask the seller a question" feature.

• Like 1

Generally speaking everything that moves would be on the list of parts, ie, kingpins and their bushes, upper inner and outer pins and bushes, lower inner and outer pins and bushes, shock absorber rubber bushes, sway bar bushes, wheel bearings and seals, tie rod ends(inners and outers), steering box rubber isolator and steering box worm, roller, bearings and seals incl pitman shaft seals and bushes.................that would just about cover it however depending on what condition your cars in you may need to do only part of this..........best bet is to get hold of a paper workshop manual, there are various exploded diagrams, specs etc and that will get you started.........a parts book will also be a good purchase.........regards, andyd  

moparkenan I think is his handle over in Turkey.

Here is a link to some current listings on eBay.            http://www.ebay.com/sch/moparkenan/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2654

You can contact him thru eBay using their "ask the seller a question" feature.

i contacted this guy, yesterday. he responded quickly, and it sounds like he has the parts readily available. there are also a couple of others selling nos suspension parts.