6 volt tachometer 6 cylinder cars

bluefoxamazone

bought mine from Ebay, but it is a gamble. Been through a few (cheap) guages before I found one that worked.  In the future I hope to have one of these rebuilt.

bought mine from Ebay, but it is a gamble. Been through a few (cheap) guages before I found one that worked.  In the future I hope to have one of these rebuilt.

Why not just get a new one?

hey..what happened to that NIB tach I sent you Ed....

I've still got it. Don't listen to PP. It needs to find a home in either the pickup or the 48.

I figured you still had it and probably forgot I had sent it to you..I had no reason to keep it...I never have had a need for a tach in a street car...most all my new cars have tachs...still drive by the speedo....they know when to shift..crisp and precise at 6200  @ WOT

now PP, if he thought for a minute he could make a nickel selling it..it would have long been gone...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Westach.

I ordered mine with a special instruction, requesting an all-white pointer. It matches the original gauges really well.

I also bought their bullet mount and painted that to match the steering column.

Very pleased with how it looks and works.

post-25-0-15210800-1433917442_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-66221700-1433917454_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Don:  Thanks for the picture that helps a lot.  Since my 39 Desoto does not have a fuse box then where would that line connect to? I can see where the other line connect.

Hey, also are you thinking about coming to the Desoto convention in Kalamazoo in July 15-19th?

Rich Hartung

Don:  Thanks for the picture that helps a lot.  Since my 39 Desoto does not have a fuse box then where would that line connect to? I can see where the other line connect.

Hey, also are you thinking about coming to the Desoto convention in Kalamazoo in July 15-19th?

Rich Hartung

I would suggest an in-line fuse connected to the run side of your ignition switch to power up the tachometer.

Not yet sure about Kalamazoo but it is a possibility. I am sure Donald Smith will be there and most likely Joe from Toledo as his dad owns this green Desoto.

MVC-004F.jpg

Merle:  My 39 Desoto has the armored cable that runs to the back of the coil and my coil comes thru the firewall.  So 1 wire would have to attach to the back of the coil and then the other wire would have to attach to the small thin wire that goes down to the breaker plate?  Correct  Or could the one wire be connect directly at the breaker plate.

I would also assume there would need to be a wire to pickup power somewhere?

Rich HArtung

desoto1939@aol.com

anybody know where these instruments can be found?

grtz,

Here is what you want

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6k-STEWART-WARNER-TACHOMETER-TWIN-BLUE-8-cyl-6-cyl-OR-4CYL-6-OR-12-VOLTS-/111692131143?hash=item1a015eab47&vxp=mtr

I do believe you can find them for less money, however this gives you an idea.  Robin in UK can likely tell you where he got his custom made.

Rich,

Since one side of the coil is wired to the ignition switch, and the other side is wired to the distributor/points, I would assume you could wire the tach to the distributor terminal and a good key dependent power source and it would work just fine.

Merle

• Like 1

Here is what you want

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6k-STEWART-WARNER-TACHOMETER-TWIN-BLUE-8-cyl-6-cyl-OR-4CYL-6-OR-12-VOLTS-/111692131143?hash=item1a015eab47&vxp=mtr

I do believe you can find them for less money, however this gives you an idea.  Robin in UK can likely tell you where he got his custom made.

great suggestion but this price is outragious.... still too much other things to buy... do not want trouble with the wife....

• Like 1